Strange little seedling

Sunshinegrow

420 Member
Seed planted in black magic seed compost.
4/5 weeks old
Strain: no idea, came from Amsterdam seed bank
Outdoor grow
Looks like trying to flower!
4 inches tall

I had one like this 2 years ago, went into flower at 5 weeks and 8 inches tall.
Does this happen and why?

IMG_1687.jpeg

IMG_1685.jpeg

Seed planted in black magic seed compost.
4/5 weeks old
Outdoor grow
Looks like trying to flower!
4 inches tall

IMG_1687.jpeg

IMG_1685.jpeg
Maybe the Temperature is just too Cold. Get her under A indoor grow light, preferably a new age LED. Then those little ones will Take Off. Maybe Transplant them into a bigger planter/pot , Extremely Carefully.. :peace:

Yes, it happens. Most of the time it is because the plant is an auto-flower. Many auto-flower strains will start to flower at 4 or 5 weeks no matter how tall or how large around they are.

Oh, well. Knowing more about the seed would help.

Could be an auto flower, or could be length of light hours. Do you have it outdoors all the time and, if it is, is your night length still greater than 12 hours?

If so, I'll bet that's your issue.

If that's the case, and it's not an auto flower, it'll actually reveg once the daylight hours lengthen enough (really the night hours shortening enough) after the spring equinox in a few weeks until you get past the summer solstice when it will gradually flip back to flower.

You say 4 to 5 weeks old which is just about the time a typical photo period plant becomes sexually mature and then all it needs is for enough dark hours to trip the hormones to start the flowering process.

Assuming she isn't an auto, I would get her out of the seed starter mix.

I'm also wondering what is going on with the splotchy appearance of the leaves, is that just a bad pic?

Some more info about what you are feeding (and do you pH your liquids?) might help too.

Could be an auto flower, or could be length of light hours. Do you have it outdoors all the time and, if it is, is your night length still greater than 12 hours?

If that's the case, and it's not an auto flower, it'll actually reveg once the daylight hours lengthen enough (really the night hours shortening enough) after the spring equinox in a few weeks until you get past the summer solstice when it will gradually flip back to flower.

You say 4 to 5 weeks old which is just about the time a typical photo period plant becomes sexually mature and then all it needs is for enough dark hours to trip the hormones to start the flowering process.
Thanks for your comments. Very interesting. I am in NZ so we are just going into fall. I was going to put in the greenhouse to see if I can get her to finish. Yes the leaves look a little strange too. I was not going to re plant until I could see what’s happening but members saying it’s maybe an auto flower makes sense.

Thanks for your comments. Very interesting. I am in NZ so we are just going into fall. I was going to put in the greenhouse to see if I can get her to finish. Yes the leaves look a little strange too. I was not going to re plant until I could see what’s happening but members saying it’s maybe an auto flower makes sense.

If you're heading into fall then the auto flower angle makes more sense.

Auto flower is the likely answer, but NZ is currently getting just over 12 hours of daylight and will continue to drop. Re-vegging is a possibility if you bring her indoors like others said above, ooorrrr it’s an auto flower lol

Sorry about the little one could be a number of reasons like mistakes along the way..... Or honestly it just happens 🤷🏼‍♂️...I just had one completely stunt and had not grown any since week two.. it is now 60+ days old and just won't do anything.

IMG_20240224_073205076_HDR.jpg

Sorry about the little one could be a number of reasons like mistakes along the way..... Or honestly it just happens 🤷🏼‍♂️...I just had one completely stunt and had not grown any since week two.. it is now 60+ days old and just won't do anything.

IMG_20240224_073205076_HDR.jpg
Yes a bit like my little plant!

Back
Top Bottom