Sunlight Supply Hoods?

simondetroit

I've been looking at the Sunlight Supply XXXL hood. However I came across a couple different sites that state the hood lamp cord will only fit Sunlight Supply brand ballasts? Does anyone know if this is 100% true. I was hoping on using my Lumatek 600 watt ballast with this hood? Thanks:peace: Buy Sunlight Supply Air Cooled Grow Light Reflector Here!

Re: Sunlight Supply Hoods????

Last time I checked there was only the Hydrofarm style and sunlight style plug ins. Either way lumatek offers cords for either hood.

Last time I checked there was only the Hydrofarm style and sunlight style plug ins. Either way lumatek offers cords for either hood.

THanks, so your saying that there are a couple different versions of 110v cords for Lumatek Ballast?:peace:

Are you talking about the ballast to hood cord or the power plug to ballast. There are two that I know of for hoods. I think there are more versions for power supply. I don't know what lumatek uses for a power cord but that should be supplied with the ballast. Most come with 110v power cords. Most can run off of 220v also but you have to buy those power cords. Hoods on the other hand either have a Hydrofarm style plug or a Sunlight style plug and you need to match that up with your ballast, but hoods most likely come with the cord for plugging into ballast.

Are you talking about the ballast to hood cord or the power plug to ballast. There are two that I know of for hoods. I think there are more versions for power supply. I don't know what lumatek uses for a power cord but that should be supplied with the ballast. Most come with 110v power cords. Most can run off of 220v also but you have to buy those power cords. Hoods on the other hand either have a Hydrofarm style plug or a Sunlight style plug and you need to match that up with your ballast, but hoods most likely come with the cord for plugging into ballast.

I'm talking about the ballast to hood cord. I know Lumatek can switch between 110 and 220 but I didnt know that there were different cords that came out of the hood into the ballast? :thanks:

Yeah, checkout lamatek's website and that is where it says there ballast is compatible with both hood plug types. It sounds like you'll be in good shape.

The hood to ballast cord is to get juice to the bulb from the ballast, that might be confusing. For some reason the companies decided to make things different so not all ballast work with all hoods and so on. But since your ballast works with both hoods you'll be plug and play. I just saw you had a link and yeah that xxxxxxxxl hood will work. Happy growing.

I think I have seen one or two vendors that only sell one style or the other on their Lumatek ballasts. However, One of the sites sells an adapter that will convert the Sunlight plug to a Hydrofarm style plug. I have one here that I am not using. I bought a lamp off craigslist that came with a Sunlight ballast and a cheapo hood. I bought a new Hydrofarm Air cooled hood and tried to use the adapter at that time. For some reason it didn't work for me and I forgot to take it back. I wound up taking the cable off of the cheapo hood and putting it on my new Hydrofarm hood. I have done two grows with it and had no problems. It isn't difficult to re-wire but I wouldn't do it unless you are comfortable working with electricity.

I can't find one on our sponsors website but I did find one at HTG. I'll PM it to you if you need me to. I also found that one of sponsors carries replacement cords and that would be another way to tackle it if you don't mind buying one more piece.

Back
Top Bottom