Supporters Of Marijuana Legalization Rally In Huntington, West Virginia

The General

Marijuana is now legally being sold in Colorado, bringing the debate over the drug to a head across the nation. A few people rallied Sunday in Huntington, demanding it be legalized, at least in medical form, in West Virginia. Power in numbers may have not been on their side, but that doesn't mean the people rallying for medical marijuana legislation weren't passionate. For the past two days, they have been set up in front of the Cabell County Courthouse, holding signs and raising awareness in hopes medical marijuana will become legal in West Virginia.

David Tayman, of Huntington, said he is a hemophiliac and needs frequent blood transfusions, one of which is blamed for giving him hepatitis C. Tayman said, at times, he's in a lot of pain, and can't take over the counter pain relievers because they thin his blood. He wants to ease pain without prescription pills "Doctors have prescribed me pain pills," he said. "But I know how addicting they are, especially in this area. I'd like to see a safer alternative.

Medical marijuana bills have been drafted in the state legislature in previous years, but have never been successful. Del. Tim Armstead of Kanawha County, who leads the House's Republican minority, said he has been against the proposed legislation. "I don't think it's the right route to go," Armstead said. He believes legalizing cannabis for medical purposes opens the door to recreational purposes, as seen in other states. "It is a drug," Armstead said. "It's subject to drug abuse, so I think it's an issue of whether we want to go down that road. I think the majority of West Virginians are against that." Del. Mike Manypenny, D-Taylor, was successful in getting a hearing on medical marijuana during interim sessions this summer. But such legislation has had a history of failing in the past, and many lawmakers don't think it has a chance again this year.

marijuana-cannabis-sea-of-green-sog.jpg

News Moderator - The General @ 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: Wchstv.com
Author: Dan Matics

If Del. Tim Armstead believed his own words he'd rally to get over the counter speed off the market and make alcohol a more controlled substance.

The greatest plant on the planet is legal

[video=youtube;nQRmxji7tpI]
[/video]
The percentages are much highter as this petition worker can attest. Maybe 20% higher

Thanks to everybody on our side. Some paid a heavy price but it was necessary to win against such odds. All governments of the World along with mass media and education system propaganda backed up by their mercenary police forces. No greater victory can ever be won
dbp0312.jpg

The Sacred Tokin Stone is going to Colorado in the next month or two to join the revolution

Thanks, 420 Mag! I'm that 'David Tayman' guy!

We're trying hard to raise awareness amongst West Virginians, about the Compassionate Use of Medical Marijuana Act. I think it would be safe to say we've seen a huge jump in support lately, for legalization.

The opposition is few, but they're there. To make this battle more tough, WV media hasn't reported anything about this legislation until the past few months. And as you can see, we're up against the best prohibition has to offer: liars, cheaters, hypocrites, etc.

Here's a link to the original story, with the video of the interview:Eyewitness News

Back
Top Bottom