Suspending Carbon Scrubber and Fan Vertically guide

ksmirov

I am first time grower and just wanted write a brief guide on how I was able to suspend my scrubber and fan vertically because of spacing in my indoor closet grow.

Why I decided to mount it vertically as suppose to horizontally to the floor? I am using insulated ducting so the bending of it is not that great and also I wanted that extra less 90 degree angle bend.

Also this is preparation for my sealed hood that is coming in soon. Air flow movement will be as follows:

Scrubber > Fan > Hood > Door

Untitled69.png

So having any less air restriction is beneficial to me.

One time I bought some cheap bungee cords from the dollar store and tried to suspend the scrubber and fan from a pole. One hour later, whole thing came crashing down onto my CFL reflector and blowing one CFL up. And a few rips in my plant's leaves.

Equipment I already have:

4 x 8 Phresh filter
4" Vortex inline fan
lots of 4" insulated duting
a few feet of Inch wide Velcro (Optional)

What I purchased:What I purchased:

(2) Keeper EPDM Rubber Strap Keeper 24 in. EPDM Rubber Strap-06224 at The Home Depot

These straps are hella heavy duty and will hold a lot of weight if tied down correctly. I purchased the 24 inch ones but I could have bought a shorter length version.

Step 1

The Vortex fan came with these two mounting brackets where you can hang it vertically or horizontally by removing some screws in the fan. They are "L" shape metal pieces that are quite strong. Place the brackets in the proper holes and put screw back in.

122001.jpg

Step 2

Attach scrubber to fan and tape with aluminum tape. I tried using regular duct tape the first time and overtime the connection slowly separated.

Step 3
The Velcroing part is optional but for a piece of mind, I'd recommend it. It secures the bracket, so it would bend outwards.

Step 4

You might need two people to do this but I was able to do it myself. Determine how high you want the scrubber/fan to be suspended from your pole. If you want it to be higher, make several wraps around the pole. Adjust the number of wraps if u want it to be lower.

And then hook the two end hooks together and you successfully suspended your scrubber/fan in the air with little vibration and noise.

IMG_001955.JPG
IMG_001852.JPG
IMG_001751.JPG
IMG_001648.JPG

Back
Top Bottom