urgent ventilation/condensation question

420czar

i have a question regarding the placement of my valueline 6" 435cfm inline fan in an attic while the scrubber and ductwork is in the warm, humid grow room.....will the moisture accumulate within the fan? eventually ruining the fan or worse yet causing a short and fire?? will placing the fan in an insulated box and suspending it be or any benefit besides reduction of noise? the grow room is 70-82 degrees while the attic is only 20-30 degrees (its only 9 degrees outside today brrrrr) any and all advice appreciated. thanks in advance ;)

The moisture won't accumulate in the fan... the warm air passing through should prevent it from condensing on the actual fan itself. If you're worried about it shorting out, buy a $20 GFCI outlet to plug the fan into:

It's also unlikely that moisture will build up in your attic. Attics are designed to handle heat/moisture differences with venting. Those square vents on your roof will take care of the heat/moisture you're pumping in.

As for reducing the sound... I've seen people place styrofoam in/under/around their motors and pumps... but I haven't experimented. Just try :)

Back
Top Bottom