Switching cycles on young plants

Yungmountains

420 Member
Hey all, I’ve got a bunch of mature females ready to go mixed in with some young 1st and second node kids currently growing & I was wondering if I switched to 12/12 on the plants will the small plants continue to veg until they’re capable of flowering?

Of course.

If you flip to 12/12 the young ones will flower just like the old ones. You don't mix veg photoperiod with ready to flower photoperiod.

A photoperiod can be 2 weeks old and go into flower because you flipped to 12/12.

If you flip to 12/12 the young ones will flower just like the old ones. You don't mix veg photoperiod with ready to flower photoperiod.

A photoperiod can be 2 weeks old and go into flower because you flipped to 12/12.
Fair fair, plan is to veg it all out and have some all flip at the same time. With the younger ones I was hoping that flipping to 12 /12 at such a young age would be similar to the growing method of 12/12 from seed and they would grow a semi decent size then flower

Fair fair, plan is to veg it all out and have some all flip at the same time. With the younger ones I was hoping that flipping to 12 /12 at such a young age would be similar to the growing method of 12/12 from seed and they would grow a semi decent size then flower
Understand what you are thinking of but the young plant will attempt to flower as soon as it is sexually mature no matter how small or large it is.

A sexually mature Marijuana photoperiod plant will flower as soon as it gets enough of the right hormones to induce the flowering process. The plant produces that hormone when it does not get light for several hours but I don't remember how much time. That is why the 12 hours of no lights is recommended.

So, yes, a plant that is about 6 inches tall can flower.

By the sounds of it, in the mix of plants that you have going, the very small ones might grow for about 2, maybe 3, weeks and then start to flower. They will be 2 or 3 weeks behind the others but they will all be flowering before they get as large as the others but it is unlikely they will be a decent size.

Your young plants will continue to veg under the 12/12 but they will not grow as fast as they would under more constant light. They will not go into bloom until they reach maturity, or about at week 4 when the nodes start alternating and as they bloom they will be a bit smaller than they could have been, but it will still work. Don't let the others scare you. Give it a shot. It's not optimum, but you know that. It's not a disaster either.

Back
Top Bottom