Tds Tester?

skatterbrayne

Anybody familiar with tds testers? Just wonderin' why they cost so much less than most.

If its just a matter of not lastin for years, thats all good. I just wanna make sure it is sufficient for my hydro needs as a grower.

Thanks for any help

Re: Tds Tester????

Or if anyone has caught any inexpensive tds meters, that'd be cool too.

The pens will work, however, they are not as good as the wand style ppm meters. The pens will only read the ppm in the very surface of the water, because you can't submerge them, this results in less accurate readings when measuring large volumes of liquid. The wand style allows for total submersion in the liquid, thus making for a more accurate reading.

The other major difference is the COST.

Wand style meter -->https://www.wormsway.com/detail.asp?sku=TRU500#
(For example only, not an ad or endorsement of this particular product.)

Ahhhh. Ok. I understand that. yeah it looks like i'll just have to break down and spend for the wand style then, cause I do DWC when I do hydro, at least 15 gallons. Thanks for the clarification on that, RooRman. I almost bid on that too!

skatterbrayne said:
Ahhhh. Ok. I understand that. yeah it looks like i'll just have to break down and spend for the wand style then, cause I do DWC when I do hydro, at least 15 gallons. Thanks for the clarification on that, RooRman. I almost bid on that too!

Don't get me wrong. The pens aren't bad, hell they are better than trying to grow hydro with NO meter at all. The wand style is just much more accurate because it measures when submerged, which is necessary when mixing gallons of water. Using a pen is just impractical for this amount of liquid.

Back
Top Bottom