PH/TDS tester?

onewarmguy

Can anybody recommend an inexpensive PH/TDS tester? I've been using the drops to PH my water but a submersible tester would be much more convenient.

I have been using a cheap TDS meter for two years. I even replaced battery. It takes a quick easy reading for me and I am done. Ph meter is a different story. I dropped the cheap ones in the nutes and killed them a few times and the others always needed calibrating. For me waterproof one was necessary.

Noooo not the dreaded yellow pH pens lol. Those things are a nightmare. Yes you can waste loads of time checking it and double checking it and recalibrating them all the time but it's wears thin pretty quick lol.ive had 4 of them. Then bit the bullet and got an "essentials" one for under £50. Haven't calibrated it in 18 month and it's still only 0.2 off.
Some of the cheap ppm meters are good though. Ive got an Amazon special for that and it's still spot on after 3 years. Really impressed with that one . Can't remember what it is but it's grey and no brand on the front of it anymore so that's about all I know lol.

I use two cheap pH pens

If they seem off, I'll test water with each, then recalibrate if needed

Works well for me and rarely do I need to recalibrate them

Lots of ways mate. Easiest is bottled water, has the ph on the side of the bottle. :)
Look at the big brains on you. :idea::ciao:

20190430_231216.jpg
I think this would be a good brand.

Blue lab is the big one, apera make really nice units. I use one. Milwaukee supposedly makes good ones but no direct experience with them. The probes are what typically fail, getting a unit with replaceable probes will prevent needing to buy a new unit in the event of a probe failure.

Good pH pens aren't cheap but worth every bit of it.

Back
Top Bottom