PH testers

Gixer86

Hey everybody, I'm trying to find a good soil tester, I've been on Amazon. Not overly sure what is good and what isn't, if anybody has any suggestions it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jack

Jack, I'm told all PH soil testers are crap unless you spend a couple hundred dollars. If you're in soil of course everybody checks their pH before putting their water or feed into the soil. If you need to check the pH of the soil you can do a slurry, not exactly sure how to do that but you can search it on this site.

Hey George.
Ok I've got the test strips, but thought maybe a meter would be better, I'll test the water first, we have well water, we do drink it, not filtered.
Thank you.

A meter gives a bit more of an acute reading, but only for water. Like George said, soil ph meters are useless unless you spend a pretty penny. You can get a decent water ph pen for 20-30 bucks. If you’re in soil you can test your run off and the water you’re putting into your soil, that should give you a pretty clear picture of what your soil ph is

A meter gives a bit more of an acute reading, but only for water. Like George said, soil ph meters are useless unless you spend a pretty penny. You can get a decent water ph pen for 20-30 bucks. If you’re in soil you can test your run off and the water you’re putting into your soil, that should give you a pretty clear picture of what your soil ph is
Ok thank you. This my second attempt right now at growing. Last year was not good.
Lol.

I haven’t had to check the calibration of my meter. I bought a set that came with a ph meter and a tds meter. My tap water comes out around 6.8 with 100-140 ppm. Once I’ve added nutrients to 1500ppm the ph is usually down to around 5.6-5.8 so I add ph up to get to 6.3. Everything in my garden is robust and vigorous.

Back
Top Bottom