Temp

I have been finding now that summer is winding down my room with a 1k hps is now running at around 72-74 with the intake running and drops down to 65 in the lights off period humidity is 40-45 think I should have any problems with this?

I have been finding now that summer is winding down my room with a 1k hps is now running at around 72-74 with the intake running and drops down to 65 in the lights off period humidity is 40-45 think I should have any problems with this?

72 is a bit low for the day temps but it will work and 65 at night is fine only a 9 degree split which is awesome !!40 to 45 humidity is also great i think at worst the plant will turn a bit purple which is not a bad thing :goodluck:

72 is a bit low for the day temps but it will work and 65 at night is fine only a 9 degree split which is awesome !!40 to 45 humidity is also great i think at worst the plant will turn a bit purple which is not a bad thing :goodluck:

18° split is ideal. Might try and get your day temps up a bit.

HUMID-copy.jpg

Cool I love purple and some of the patients I help out between there crops love purple as well was wondering though I am able to lower my temp a few more degrees by turning of the dehumidifier and i know if I leave it off right after watering all the plants the humidiity only gets up to 60% but if I was to let the temp drop down to 60-62 every night for the last 7-10 days would this add for more purple , I personally dont like purple buds unless they come from a plant that turns purple even in warm temps Like purple Pineberry. My next grow I have 4 packs of 5 Greenhouse seed color mixes 2 of the H mix and 2 I mixes.
Which gives me 2 trainwreck 2 cheese 2 lemon skunk 1 el nino ,1 great white shark ,1 the church 1 white rhino but going to grow 2 strains for mothers and then use cutting for next grow but not sure what I should do beside the train wreck opinions appreciated.

Well I could raise the temperature a tad if I was to put the intake fan on a thermostat and only have it come on when temps reach 78 and go off at 74 as it is now I use a 6" duct booster for intake what I did was mount a floor vent that connects to a 6" galvanized pipe thru the bottom of the door then add a 90 degree angle going up had it rise 3 feet to the booster fan and then rise another 1foot and then make one more 90 degree turn into the room this effectively traps all the light and adds 240cfm of fresh air to the room all the time I figure this should effectively keep the normal co2 ppms at 300 at all tiems and a bit higher when I am in the room which is 3-4 hours every day. The other option I have is instead of running my dehumidifer at 35% It has a setting of low which causes it to only use the gravity drain and will run 24/7 when I have run it this way my night temps are always 68-70 and daytime temps are 77-80 with a humidity of 38% a bit higher for a day or so after feeding when it will raise up to 55%. So those are the 2 variable I can manage in my room for climate which would be better.

65 degrees at nigth Rh of 45%-55% on nights after watering day temp of 72-74 ot
68 at night rh45-50% and day temp 77-80 rh of 40-45 gets up to maybe 60 for a few hours right after watering and drops back to 40-45%

I assume the second would give optimal growth but if I was to grow a purple strains so I imagine having the ability to provide a climate that a purple strain would excell in is a good thing?

the second one id the better of the two ..... if you grow a purple strain it will be purple regardless of the temps ie: purple ice grew it in 80 degree and it was all solid purple !

So Put my intake on the same time setting as my hid light and leave the dehumidifier at max at all times well at least till the weather warms up cool Ill rig it up so it has a dedicated drain pipe so I can set it on constant run but one thing if the humidity drops down in the 30's cant this cause problems of its own such as the soil to dry out to fast would this not cause the ppm of the nutes as well as the salts to build up much faster risking nute burn?

i dont think you will have an issue with the rh and if you do put a bucket of water in there or something , or set the fan to come on in intervals . no reason to have it on all the time

Back
Top Bottom