Fluffy buds: light, heat

Tedmarx38

I’ve read the other posts but a question remains. I’m using a spyder sf2000 led in a 2x4x5 tent and my first grow yielded fluffy buds instead of tight (auto flower hybrid). I gather that too much heat and too little light are the most likely culprits.

Here’s the problem: I can’t keep my temps from reaching the mid/upper 80s unless I dim the light. So, if this is the trade off, would you keep the light high and ignore the temps, or, dim the light? Thanks as always.

I have the same sort of problem so I unzip the tent door part way down. So far it has worked to adjust the temperature in the tent down and it helps to bring up the temp in the room. This might not work for everyone.

It does work for me since I can close the door to the basement room. The charcoal filter still works and keeps the aroma down in the tent and the room. It is winter here and the heat from the tent during the day will warm the room up to 76 or 77. The temp inside the tent goes up to 79 to 82 even with the door unzipped most of the way.

I don't know what I would do if I could not close off the room. Lights are so important that I cannot see having to cut back there.

I have the same sort of problem so I unzip the tent door part way down. So far it has worked to adjust the temperature in the tent down and it helps to bring up the temp in the room. This might not work for everyone.

It does work for me since I can close the door to the basement room. The charcoal filter still works and keeps the aroma down in the tent and the room. It is winter here and the heat from the tent during the day will warm the room up to 76 or 77. The temp inside the tent goes up to 79 to 82 even with the door unzipped most of the way.

I don't know what I would do if I could not close off the room. Lights are so important that I cannot see having to cut back there.
Thanks. I’m going to try the door unzipped approach

can you get some more fan action in there in order to remove some of that heat? Can you move the light closer to the canopy and still have a big enough footprint, instead of turning the intensity u
can you get some more fan action in there in order to remove some of that heat? Can you move the light closer to the canopy and still

I’m going to try that now, thanks
Keep track of the temperature swings. It can take a couple of minutes for the temp to drop a degree or two. Then up to 20-30 minutes to stabilize.

Emilya's suggestion is good. I have an oscellating fan and positioned it so that it will blow the air at the door every swing around.

Back up your thermometer with another one or two. I have found that the old fashioned tube thermometers with the red fluid tend to be more accurate, within a degree or two of each other, than those new-fangled digital ones which can vary by a couple of degrees up to 20 degrees from each other, even if from the same company.

I believe it was @013 who has a photo of 5 digital ones all showing different temps.

Keep track of the temperature swings. It can take a couple of minutes for the temp to drop a degree or two. Then up to 20-30 minutes to stabilize.

Emilya's suggestion is good. I have an oscellating fan and positioned it so that it will blow the air at the door every swing around.

Back up your thermometer with another one or two. I have found that the old fashioned tube thermometers with the red fluid tend to be more accurate, within a degree or two of each other, than those new-fangled digital ones which can vary by a couple of degrees up to 20 degrees from each other, even if from the same company.

I believe it was @013 who has a photo of 5 digital ones all showing different temps.
Thanks. Will do. Yeah I’ve noticed the thermometer variations and also that electronic timers gain or lose a minute each week. Technology often fails us.

Most of the newer LEDs have an option to get a longer cord and mount the driver outside of the tent.
Does the SF2000 have this capability?

Bud density can vary a lot within phenotypes of the same strain. Some of it could be genetic.

Back
Top Bottom