Temporary alternative storing?

valjack

420 Member
Alternative way to temporarily store dried cannabis due to sold out 1/2 gallon jars in all stores in my county and surrounding counties
Did not order online cuz delivery date was way out.
Should I just place dried branches in a large Rubbermaid container until I can get more large jars, burping and flipping branches over?
Should I line the Rubbermaid container with a contractor bag and use a twist tie to ensure less air?
Any suggestions welcome.

It probably depends on where you are located but if the gardening & farming season is over the stores might not order a new supply of jars until next summer. Most everyone who is canning fruits and vegetables are done for the season.

In another thread on jars for curing they recommended looking in second hand stores. Probably should include Goodwill types of stores too. Here is the link to that message:
First Harvest Storage Jar Questions

I have recommended looking for jars at garage sales so these resale shops should work. I have also seen jars of just about every size available at local hardware stores. Can't say as I have seen any at the big box home improvement stores but some might have them.

Several of the grow shops and head shops around here have jars but they do not have the sales volume so the prices are a bit higher. Speaking of the head shops I have noticed alternatives to the canning jars there but nothing as large as 1 gallon.

Only down side to looking at resale shops and garage sales is the traveling from one to another until you hit the payload.;) The other places will probably be able to tell you if they have any in stock if you call.

I'm in Northern California know all the Walmarts are reordering and Ace Hardware's are reordering and there's not just me but other people that are waiting for jars so it's not really over yet LOL I just had an unexpected Bumper Crop and used all my jars which is a very large lot of them that I've been reusing over the last 5 years.

But the good news is is that the warehouse is not empty so it's just the matter of waiting the extra days for the jars to come in I just was asking about a temporary storage solution

I'm in Northern California know all the Walmarts are reordering and Ace Hardware's are reordering and there's not just me but other people that are waiting for jars so it's not really over yet LOL I just had an unexpected Bumper Crop and used all my jars which is a very large lot of them that I've been reusing over the last 5 years.
Ah, the gardening seasons and farming seasons and the herb growing seasons there are enough to keep the stores ordering jars.

Sounds like your Rubbermaid tote box would do the job until the next supply of jars comes in.

Back
Top Bottom