THC Extraction

On my jug of iso it tells me to rub the stuff all over my skin, to soothe aching tired muscles,, so im pretty sure (again i am not a chemist) anything harmful evaporates off the skin too fast to be absorbed,, hmmm,, just like it evaporates when i purge my oil..

Correct me if I'm wrong but the denatured Isopropyl says denatured on the label, as far as I know, 99% Iso doesn't say denatured on the label, so I assume the 1% is distilled water .. Okay, I'm hearing my
8th grade teacher making one of his most remembered quote, "Never Ass-u-me .. Because you will make an ass out of -u- and-me

Yes, it is water. You can make 99% iso from a solution of 70% iso alcohol, just by using salt. yu mix it, and it attaches to the water, causing it to seperate from the iso alcohol.

"The only way to purify denatured alcohol is through fractional distillation. This methodology is obviously way out of your league so please do not attempt it."

Personally, I would start by eliminating patronizing, condescending remarks like "out of your league."

The boiling point for methanol is 30 degrees (F) lower than that of ethanol. Good old Home Depot denatured alcohol has no bittering agents or other toxins besides good old wood alcohol. So in order to get any kind of decent evaporation of the ethanol, you would have to far surpass the temperature at which the toxic methanol boils off.

I think people make up some of these condescending power trips just to feel superior or "smart" in the lowliest of subject matters.

I extract with dexso gas (Dimethil Ether). Always with frozen flowers and frozen dexso gas. It also works with the resinous leaves. If you work with distilled water and with the frozen method, you do not need a vacuum chamber anymore and the chlorophyll extraction is suppressed. When I'm done extracting, I put the extract in the oven for 10 - 20 minutes at 45 ° - 60 °, so that the last trapped gas bubbles rise. Here are a few photos of my last sessions.

Dr. Who Extract:

Dr_Who_Extrakt_0.JPG

Dr_Who_Extrakt_1.JPG

Dr_Who_Extrakt_2.JPG

Dr_Who_Extrakt_3.JPG

Wappa Extract:

Wappa_11.JPG

Wappa_5.JPG

Wappa_6.JPG

Wappa_7.JPG

Wappa_8.JPG

Wappa left and Leela right Extract:

Wappa_L_und_Leela_R.JPG

Querkle & Sensi Star Extract:

2311.jpeg

263.jpeg

take 99% Isopropyl alcohol (enough to cover your plant material), coffee filters, shake, buds or both. containers and put it all in a deep freezer at max cold, overnight. In the morning add the supercold alcohol to the plant stuff for no longer than 5 minutes. Rough strain the result with panty hose (or even panties I dunno) then strain it through coffee filters. Do all this in the freezer. It will be slow because you are going to be getting rid of wax and it plugs the filter. This is goooood, wax baaaad. Then put the filtered liquid in a pyrex baking dish big enough so it is not spread all over thinly but fills it halfway. Other pans or pots will do as well. Put this dish in a warm or hot place OUT fn SIDE...a south corner of a deck on a black material will do. In a few hours it will mostly be evaporated. Spread what is left evenly and continue even if it takes a few hours tomorrow. Let is sit and keep spreading it around the dish until it is thick and it stiffly moves...take a small amount on a toothpick and put it under your tongue, yes you certainly smoke it too, wait about an hour and find a place to chill horizontally. 1/10 of a gram is a lot to take first time under your tongue. Don't call me saying you ate too much.

Denatured alcohol is is good old booze but has shit that makes you puke or smells so bad it would gag a maggot. Isopropyl is not much better but nothing is added, your body will puke it out in two seconds, all by itslf.

take 99% Isopropyl alcohol (enough to cover your plant material), coffee filters, shake, buds or both. containers and put it all in a deep freezer at max cold, overnight. In the morning add the supercold alcohol to the plant stuff for no longer than 5 minutes. Rough strain the result with panty hose (or even panties I dunno) then strain it through coffee filters. Do all this in the freezer. It will be slow because you are going to be getting rid of wax and it plugs the filter. This is goooood, wax baaaad. Then put the filtered liquid in a pyrex baking dish big enough so it is not spread all over thinly but fills it halfway. Other pans or pots will do as well. Put this dish in a warm or hot place OUT fn SIDE...a south corner of a deck on a black material will do. In a few hours it will mostly be evaporated. Spread what is left evenly and continue even if it takes a few hours tomorrow. Let is sit and keep spreading it around the dish until it is thick and it stiffly moves...take a small amount on a toothpick and put it under your tongue, yes you certainly smoke it too, wait about an hour and find a place to chill horizontally. 1/10 of a gram is a lot to take first time under your tongue. Don't call me saying you ate too much.

That's the method I always use, because it always comes out quite well...and very importantly, I use to make decentish hash out of trim that I otherwise would compost.

There's absolutely no reason to heat the alcohol because it evaporates on its own. & patience is a virtue that's worth practicing. So is safety...especially for stoners!

That's the method I always use, because it always comes out quite well...and very importantly, I use to make decentish hash out of trim that I otherwise would compost.

There's absolutely no reason to heat the alcohol because it evaporates on its own. & patience is a virtue that's worth practicing. So is safety...especially for stoners!

You are absolutely correct, no matter what solvent you use, Patience and letting evaporation work over time results in the best product. There are so many terpenes that are lost at temps well below the vapor point of the oil.

That, too!

I extract with dexso gas (Dimethil Ether). Always with frozen flowers and frozen dexso gas. It also works with the resinous leaves. If you work with distilled water and with the frozen method, you do not need a vacuum chamber anymore and the chlorophyll extraction is suppressed. When I'm done extracting, I put the extract in the oven for 10 - 20 minutes at 45 ° - 60 °, so that the last trapped gas bubbles rise. Here are a few photos of my last sessions.

Dr. Who Extract:

Dr_Who_Extrakt_0.JPG

Dr_Who_Extrakt_1.JPG

Dr_Who_Extrakt_2.JPG

Dr_Who_Extrakt_3.JPG

Wappa Extract:

Wappa_11.JPG

Wappa_5.JPG

Wappa_6.JPG

Wappa_7.JPG

Wappa_8.JPG

Wappa left and Leela right Extract:

Wappa_L_und_Leela_R.JPG

Querkle & Sensi Star Extract:

2311.jpeg

263.jpeg

I've never seen an Either extract before. I goggled the price and that shit ain't cheap.
Do you use a sealed system to recycle the either?
By freezing material are you trying to keep the either close to a fluid state?
Very nice looking wax may have to lean more about Dimethil Ether extract.

i use a pressure canner and heat it in another pot full of water so the oil won't burn. I get 80% of the alcohol back this way. Most goes because it is trapped in the ground pot and squeezing it out just adds wax and shit to it. In a farm area here in Canada you can get a gallon of 99.99% Iso for 30 bucks/4 liters. It is used on cow tits before adding the milking machines. I know the amount of time for each distillation and then when I have done eight or ten I freze it all again and mix the frozen alcohol to the oil 10 to one alcohol to oil. Let it sit in a freezer for 48 hours then strain it through very fine filters and it removes 99% of the wax. Oil is runnier but stronger and coughing is cut way back. I just eat it right from the jar and don't smoke it anyway. what you get is called winterized oil. It is the last step before making The Clear...but I didn't even try to make that.

Curious.... why soak that so long? It'll break down plant matter and draw out the "undesirables"; which greatly reduced the quality of your product (medicine) Ethanol and M. Hydrate are made from organic corn, and the latter wood. Either or is great, but I opt for the M. Hydrate. It has the highest return on THC, Terps, Cbns, and totally evaporates leaving nothing but good news. 2 dabs the size of 2 small hotknives of hash is dynamite. These chumps doing 32g blasts of "shatter" would die from inability to breathes due to a violent fit of coughing. BTW, 2 mins is all that's needed to extract. Toss product into a coffee bean grinder and bust it up; don't turn it to dust. put it into an appropriate size mason jar, cap, and toss into dresser for 15 mins. Uncap it, pour in MH until the top of product is fully covered: 1 inch above is plenty. Cap, and Exactly 2 mins in freezer. I usually do an ounce of clean bud trim at a time. Screen that fast through non bleached coffee filter resting in a metal softer. You need not worry about any of the driven product from falling out. Do try to keep most of that in the jar to speed up getting that MH out. I pour into a stoneware bowl, and place into crock pot or double boiler or in a hurry. Best to evaporate slow, low heat in the crock...UNCOVERED. Light brease. As it reduces, you will see the tar come together in spots. Spin it to recollect. I lean the bowl using a jar lid at one end. Reduce until there is about a tablespoon of murky stuff. (Again, depends on amount.) You can use a butter knife and spin it around to collect the good stuff; which just keeps giving. The MH helps lift. When thazs evaporated, I seal it with cellophane and toss into freezer for 2-4 mins. It'll come off real easy, so scrape away. If it's flaking and flying all over the place, set it down and do a dab of the first collection. Then get back at it. I keep a torch handy to slightly heat a flat bladed knife which is used to clean my scraper and place into silicone container. Usually for beginners, just scrape the scraper with the end of a flat knife, and gently heat the knife above the product with a torxh. Soon as it begins to show racrivity to heat, scrape it into the silicone. Its rdy to smoke, and I leave the lid off silicone container for a day. Its thick as Heck. If cooled down to 65f, it can be picked up like that shatter. Pure Medicine. BHO= Carcinogen

I've never seen an Either extract before. I goggled the price and that shit ain't cheap.
Do you use a sealed system to recycle the either?
By freezing material are you trying to keep the either close to a fluid state?
Very nice looking wax may have to lean more about Dimethil Ether extract.

A Dexso can cost the equivalent of 9$. With it I can make 2 runs and process about 60g of high quality bud material. Lastly, I got out almost 16g after vacuum purging. Unfortunately, I do not have so many acquaintances that extract, so I do not know if that's a good cut.

I use at Moment a BHO Hardware 12" Extraktor. I extract in distilled water, slightly warmed 30 ° - 40 °. As a result, the ether evaporates immediately and the extract is already very clean. Therefore, I can not recycle the ether. Honestly, I do not even know if it works the same with ether as with butane ...

BHO Open Blast Tube - Introduction

Exactly, freezing also suppresses unnecessary chlorophyll extraction and I also believe that lubricity/viscosity is much better. In another forum, one wrote once that you do not have to do that, because by the inflow of the gas everything is frozen anyway. If this is true than ok, but there is still the benefit of suppressed chlorophyll extraction. ;)

By now I have some Dexso runs behind me. That came out last.
full

Dexso Vac. Purging

Sublimator Dexso Extract
Have a nice Sunday! :volcano-smiley:

methyl hydrate (aka methanol), isopropyl, etc,, is what is used to denature ethanol.
they are what is put in rubbing alcohol, etc,, that makes it poisonous to drink.
there may be other adulterants as you say,, but it is the methanol and or isopropyl and or acetone that are added to ethanol that make it poisonous or blinding or whatever,,

you seem to be saying that using denatured alcohol is bad, yet using the stuff that is used to denature it is the next best thing you can get besides reagent grade ethanol,,??

I agree drinking any of this stuff except maybe pure ethyl alcohol (in moderation,, :))
is extremely toxic,, but when using as a solvent,, im pretty sure (im no chemist like you) all toxic residuals must be fully evaporated,(isopropyl), why else is it harmless for skin contact,, as we all know our skin is an organ quite capable of absorption like any other organ. Although i wouldn't recommend bathing in the stuff,,
but the toxicity comes when ingested,, as the liver metabolizes isopropyl into acetone, or methanol into formaldehyde. It would take alot of absorption through the skin to accomplish this,, never mind the microscopic residuals left behind after evaporation,, if any.

But i guess in the end,, if you feel that using denatured alcohol is bad for making oil,, so be it,, don't use it,, but coming here and telling anyone else that uses it, that it will ruin there oil and there health, without any evidence to support it, besides saying your a chemist. And then to say that methyl hydrate (methanol) is purer product than denatured alcohol??? i dunno man,, denatured alcohol (although many different distillations) around here is mainly ethanol with 10% methanol (methyl hydrate)!!!!

I do however agree if you have access to reagent grade ethanol or even everclear, then that would be a better choice,, but for those of us that don't or don't wanna spend a fortune, for gallons of the stuff,, using denatured alcohol is perfectly fine if fully evaporated and purged correctly.
I am trying
methyl hydrate (aka methanol), isopropyl, etc,, is what is used to denature ethanol.
they are what is put in rubbing alcohol, etc,, that makes it poisonous to drink.
there may be other adulterants as you say,, but it is the methanol and or isopropyl and or acetone that are added to ethanol that make it poisonous or blinding or whatever,,

you seem to be saying that using denatured alcohol is bad, yet using the stuff that is used to denature it is the next best thing you can get besides reagent grade ethanol,,??

I agree drinking any of this stuff except maybe pure ethyl alcohol (in moderation,, :))
is extremely toxic,, but when using as a solvent,, im pretty sure (im no chemist like you) all toxic residuals must be fully evaporated,(isopropyl), why else is it harmless for skin contact,, as we all know our skin is an organ quite capable of absorption like any other organ. Although i wouldn't recommend bathing in the stuff,,
but the toxicity comes when ingested,, as the liver metabolizes isopropyl into acetone, or methanol into formaldehyde. It would take alot of absorption through the skin to accomplish this,, never mind the microscopic residuals left behind after evaporation,, if any.

But i guess in the end,, if you feel that using denatured alcohol is bad for making oil,, so be it,, don't use it,, but coming here and telling anyone else that uses it, that it will ruin there oil and there health, without any evidence to support it, besides saying your a chemist. And then to say that methyl hydrate (methanol) is purer product than denatured alcohol??? i dunno man,, denatured alcohol (although many different distillations) around here is mainly ethanol with 10% methanol (methyl hydrate)!!!!

I do however agree if you have access to reagent grade ethanol or even everclear, then that would be a better choice,, but for those of us that don't or don't wanna spend a fortune, for gallons of the stuff,, using denatured alcohol is perfectly fine if fully evaporated and purged correctly.
Can you tell me how you go about purging correctly...? Vacuum, hot water bath etc...?

They don't need to denature Iso. It'll mess you up just fine in it's pure state. You must be thinking of rubbing alcohol which is denatured because it's made with ethanol, ethyl alcohol. That's the drinking kind of alcohol. I can assure you that the ingredients used for denaturing WILL remain in your final product. It won't kill you but it will ruin your oil and is not healthy to smoke.

When you don't have the "foggiest" idea of what you're talking about you shouldn't give potentially harmful advice to those who might know even less than you.

The only way to purify denatured alcohol is through fractional distillation. This methodology is obviously way out of your league so please do not attempt it.

Otherwise your post was pretty good. :peace:
Wrong!

Back
Top Bottom