THC percentage in seeds?

pyro

ok so im cleaning my room (done every time an eclipse occurs) and i found a bag of seeds i hid away last summer to plant. i do plan on throwing a couple outside to plant but is there any way to actually get high off of them? i mean i have about 100 seeds. is there any possible way to crush them and then make tea out of them and get a slight buzz or anything? is there enough THC in seeds to get anyone high?

I'm pretty sure there isn't any thc in seeds, doesn't the plant make it because it needs it for something (?) Good luck with the plants!!

well i always thought that when u get seeds in your grow THC percentage is lost in the bud because its being used for seed production rite? so where is the THC going?

There is no obtainable amounts of THC in seed. THC is made in the buds, which are the ovaries of the female cannabis plant. By not allowing the plant to pollinate you stress it into producing higher levels of THC because it is this sap that the male pollen is supposed to stick to. If you allow the plants to become pollinated, they will consider the sap production finished and concentrate on forming the seeds, thus resulting in a lower percentage of THC. The THC does not "migrate" from the buds into the seeds, the plant simply stops producing large amount of THC/sap once it is pollinated and producing seed.

thanks man. i guess ill be planting more plants outside and save some seeds for indoor growin during the winter.

Sounds like a plan. Rep. points welcome!:allgood:

I believe someone has done the research...

Title: GC-MS analysis of the total Δ9-THC content of both drug- and fiber-type cannabis seeds.
Personal Authors: Ross, S. A., Mehmedic, Z., Murphy, T. P., El-Sohly, M. A.
Author Affiliation: National Center for Natural Products Research, Research Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Mississippi, USA.
Editors: No editors
Document Title: Journal of Analytical Toxicology

Abstract:
A GC-MS method was performed to determine the total Δ9-THC [tetrahydrocannabinol] content in both drug- and fibre-type seeds of cannabis (Cannabis sativa cultivars Kompalti, Novosadska, Uniko-B and Futura). Drug-type seeds were found to contain much higher levels of Δ9-THC (35.6-124 µg/g) than fibre (hemp) seeds (0-12 µg/g). The majority of Δ9-THC was found to be located on the surface of the seeds. Approximately 90% of the total Δ9-THC was removed by a simple, quick wash with chloroform. Washed drug-type seeds contained <10 µg/g. Separation of the seeds into the kernel and testa showed that the bulk of Δ9-THC was located in the testa, mainly on the outside. The kernels of drug- and fibre-type cannabis seeds contained <2 and 0.5 µg Δ9-THC/g seeds, respectively. Fluctuations in the Δ9-THC content of different replicates of the same type of seeds could be the result of the degree of contamination on the outside of the seeds.

Publisher: Preston Publications

Biology, Geography & Health Sciences

I'll stick to smoking my herb :thanks: very much :nicethread: LOL

Back
Top Bottom