The Fan.......

PimpinJohozafax

I got a a 4 inch muffin fan from radio shack or The source what ever you want to call it. its got two wires, im guesing i have to attach it to a wire to attach it to a plug, maybe im wrong, if anyoen can tell mehow to run the fan i would really appreciate it.

Im pretty sure its a computer fan, if it is what would i do....if its 120 volt what should i do....

Well i just got a piece of advice from some one said attach an old cell phone charger to it,,,ill try it out and tell you guys if it worked well.

PimpinJohozafax said:
Well i just got a piece of advice from some one said attach an old cell phone charger to it,,,ill try it out and tell you guys if it worked well.
omfg.....dont jsut go attaching shit to it

FuzzyBud said:
omfg.....dont jsut go attaching shit to it

Yes, go ahead.. a cell phone charger will work fine. You need to make sure the output voltage on the cell phone charger is close to the input voltage on the fan, same for wattage. Depending on your cell phone charger it might have to be really close or voltage might not matter that much.

If you still haven't done anything with the fan... here is some info I hope helps. Computer fans run off of 12 volts, not 120 volts like our wall outlets (assuming you are in the US). If you plug a computer fan into the wall you will burn it up and ruin it. Find any plug that goes to small electronic things (cell phone, walkman, answering machine, etc, etc) and try to get it as close to 12V as possible. You can go a little over or under and it will be fine (but it will impact how fast the blades spin) but I wouldn't stray too far from 12. Also computer fans run off of DC (direct current) and out wall outlets are AC (alternating current). If you are feeling crafty you could hook up some batteries to the fan and run it that way... not sure why you really would but you know, maybe you want your plants to have some air when the power goes out :) . Your other option is to just go buy a cheap small desk fan or similar from walmart for under $10 and use that :)

Back
Top Bottom