The Girls are ready! Should I let the soil dry first?

icclearly

Hi everyone, my Girls are ready!..Is it better to let the soil dry for a couple days and let them evaporate some water before I start the harvesting?

If you been flushing the past week, Yes I find letting it dry out right before chopping put the plant a dire straits to push out it's last effort to pollenate. Plus it easier to deal with a dried pot of soil, then wet. Best of luck with your Harvest!! And Curing!!

ive heard of a lot of ways to stress a plant, IMO high heat or drying out the soil can increase resin production but the quality is reduced. if anything i think reproducing what naturally happens late in the season is the only good way to stress a plant. lower night time temperatures a little and reduce humidity

If ur harvesting, Y worry about the soil unless ur uprooting ur plant? If ur talking about stressing the plant for increased resin production some let the plants sit in darkness a day or two before harvest. Some deprive the plant of water, y? I dunno Some drive a stake thru the trunk (mainly outdoors). Others slap the plant around. Most of it seems a bit much to me but people swear by some of these methods. Personally I just chop em. I try to catch them just b4 the lights come on. This is when terpene (responsible for aroma and flavor in cannabis) and I believe resin production are said to be at their peak.

... I try to catch them just b4 the lights come on. This is when terpene (responsible for aroma and flavor in cannabis) and I believe resin production are said to be at their peak.

I'm glad I asked! Never heard of stressing prior to the 'deed'...interesting..and now that you mention it BWC,..I do notice in the morning the great smelling stink is at it's most strongest.

If ur harvesting, Y worry about the soil unless ur uprooting ur plant?

...oh..and to clarify, not so much worried about the soil, my thought was the water content of the plant itself; is it better to dehydrate it some to quicken the drying phase...Thanks again!

Excellent Question

...oh..and to clarify, not so much worried about the soil, my thought was the water content of the plant itself; is it better to dehydrate it some to quicken the drying phase...Thanks again!

I asked myself this question b4 and this is the conclusion that I've come to. If u let it dry on the plant some, seeking to dry faster consider this real life scenario. Lets say ur at work/school on a hot day. This (heat) accelerates the process (1 day may not have a significant impact but 2 or 3? I think U get it). With that said I've found it much easier to further dry herb that is not dry enough as opposed to adding moisture. Adding isn't hard but its adding unnecessary steps in my opinion. I prefer to manicure them more on the "wet" than dry side and take care of it in the cure, but that's just me. Once u over dry ur buds on the drying lines u may understand the logic in avoiding over drying. Hope this makes sense to u. If u want to go for peak resin a terpenes cut em right b4 the lights come on. My advice.

ya i agree with BWC a little excess moisture in the plant when you pick will not harm or help it, but curing is easiest when you are not going back and forth adding water cuz you took out too much

Back
Top Bottom