The Hog

Larvah

I bought the Hog seeds from Dr Chronic reciently, I have been disapointed in the way the plant grows. I only bought 10, however only 1 out of the 6 females are worth saving. Most of them are long(4 ft) with horriable bud sets. Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks Gregory

This could have to do with your growing conditions. T.H. Seeds makes some very good strains and I find it hard to believe that it was in fact the plants fault for having poor production.

I felt the same way, however different plants grown in the same room produced much better. I was hoping to get some input from others who have worked with this plant for some tips. Perhaps she grows better when topped, or in soil..... I dont have time to waste. I would rather not throw the straign out. Anyone?

why dont you just take clones of the strong female......

Serpico said:
why dont you just take clones of the strong female......

That sounds like a viable alternative. Although, it will take more time for the clones to root and all.

I'm not very familiar with the specific strain called the HOG, however I would imagine it does respond very well to topping because it is a very Indica dominant strian and it is supposed to be a large producer. Typically, the bushier you can make an indica the better.

Ill take a few pictures tonight when the lights are on. They really look horriable. I have been having trouble with the dark cycles tempature. Its too hot, I run a sealed system and realize its time to buy a split system A/C. I'm sure this has something to do with the stretch in this straign. However the one looks good as does a few other straigns I have in the same room. I will clone the one good mother, and top the others to see any difference....Im concerned with the time all this takes. Thanks

Poor air circulation is a BAD thing.

I dont know how to post pictures...all I really want to know is what has other peoples experience been with this straign.

This thread should help posting pics.
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos
The hog from TH seeds is one I plan to grow but as of yet I have not.
I checked the archives and you are the first on this site to record a grow on this strain.
THE HOG
Our latest Indica, the HOG, turned lots of heads
this year. Originally from
Tennessee this fat little girl made her way to
Amsterdam via Southern California where she
had gained a strong following for her knock-out punch.
With a short stature (90-110 cm) and an above average
yield (400+ p.s.m.) the HOG is a perfect plant for
experts and beginners alike. Get your hands on one
of these little piglets today, and soon
you'll be "makin bacon" and living "high on the HOG".

Type: Indica
Height: 120-140 cm
Yield: 400-600 p.s.m.
Flowering Time: 55-60 days.

The HOG, takes first place in the seed company Indica Cup
p_hog.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I read this profile before I purchased the seeds, this is why I was so excited for the results. TH Seeds are very reputable. Yesterdayt I've started other seeds I have Heavy Duty Fruity. I have allot of experience with this plant and am pleased with their production. I am tossing all the Hog Mothers except the one. I will keep you posted.
Thanks

Grow with what you know best I guess.:peace:

I know i am responding to a post from awhile back but I have some seedlings of the HOG going now and was wondering if anyone out there had any tips or info on this strain since it has been quite awhile since the last post.

Back
Top Bottom