The right stage to clone

funkmaster

ma and my budy are haveing an argument on weither or not you can take clones from a flowering plant. i said that the plant would be to mature, and that any clones would be just as mature, and that if you took a plant from a bud cycle and put it into a veg cycle that it wouldn't work out as good... he swears that you can do it and that any pre-flowers on the clone would fall off, and the plant would go back into a veg state.....that just sounds crazy, i mean if a plant is mature then that means that all of that plant is mature, and any clones form such plant will be just as mature......i tried to explain that and he said i had no fucking clue what i was talking about.

ma and my budy are haveing an argument on weither or not you can take clones from a flowering plant. i said that the plant would be to mature

You're mistaken, call your buddy and pay up lol.

and that any clones would be just as mature, and that if you took a plant from a bud cycle and put it into a veg cycle that it wouldn't work out as good... he swears that you can do it and that any pre-flowers on the clone would fall off, and the plant would go back into a veg state.....that just sounds crazy, i mean if a plant is mature then that means that all of that plant is mature, and any clones form such plant will be just as mature......i tried to explain that and he said i had no fucking clue what i was talking about.

I wouldn't have worded it exactly the way your buddy did.

I remember seeing a thread or two recently (last couple weeks) about taking cuttings from flowering plants.

They might take a little bit longer to establish because they're trying to root at the same time that they are trying to revegetate (I'm assuming you guys are talking about putting them under 24 or at least 18 hours light) but it is done.

I never liked to do it but if for whatever reason you didn't clone first or if you murder your mother plant or something... It's a lot more certain taking cuttings during flower than to wait until harvest and trying to reveg. At that point you've either flushed the plants enough that most of the nitrogen (etc.) is gone and they've dropped their leaves or you kept on feeding the girls because you knew you were going to attempt revegging and your buds end up tasting like sh*t and not burning right lmao.

So yeah, clone away!

Clones can be taken from a plant thats flowering. Although It's NOT ideal, it will work.

If you need them, do it as early as possible as you don't want any energy diverted from your overal yield production (mom).

But seriously if your ready to cut clones, the ideal time is during the veg, and lower branches contain newer hormones and increase survivability.

but will the plant be to mature, that is what i ment i mean i am sure you could do it, but aren't the clones from a buding plant going to be far into the bud stage to put back into a veg cycle 18/6? idk it just sounds like the clones would be to mature to keep veging. i always thaught that you should take clones from a mother that is in veg. my worrie is that the plant will be to mature and THC won't be as concentraited

When you take cuttings for clones has no effect on the clone's eventual production of THC after you veg the clone for however long and then flower it.

And if being "too mature" was a factor people wouldn't be able to reveg a (mostly-)harvested plant. I'm not a big fan of doing that for the reasons I stated above but some people do it as a matter of course.

hmm what if i just grabbed my nugs off my plant after flowering and then put my lights on 24/7 for almost two weeks could i flower the same plant again i have about 80% branches and leaves still with no leave issues or purple in the steems

or am i just gunna have major issues with p/h and keeping nuts stable since im using same soil and all and i think im starting to go low on nitrogen cuase ive lost my first ever 4 steems at the base of plant

so basicly can i harvest all nuggets off and top canola then keep vegging and go back into another flowering period

i kno im gunna risk getting seeds hermaphrodite i think
but that would be cool cause then id have the seeds as i just was lucky and found some seeds on the floor and planted em lol

but im about to harvest withing this week , milky trikes !

or what if i cut the plant in half harvested half and forced it back into veg and then flower again ?

They say a picture is worth a 1000 words...
flowering_clones4.jpg

there are some benefits to taking flowering clones depending on how you conduct your grow.

OMG, those look like whole branches, not what I called cuttings...those should work!

Back
Top Bottom