The Use of Ultra-Violet light during Veg and Flower

SmokeyMcMedic

Hello Everyone! When in its natural environment, MJ gets multiple kinds of light during its life cycle. This includes Ultra-Violet A/B light. Does anyone out there know if Ultra-Violet spectrum A and B lamps would improve growth and yield of an indoor grow when used in conjunction with CFL/HID lighting system? Does anyone know of a grower who has used this technique?

It's unlikely to help growth, it might even hurt. Lots of indoor grows don't have any uv at all. However, some have noted the structure of the drug producing organell is well suited to concentrating UV - it might help potency but no one has really proved it one way or another. We do know during curing UV degrades potency - that's why you don't cure weed in the sun.

Right on! Thanks smokey! I remember being like 15 and hearing crazy stories of awesome nugs coated in resin that guys were growing under black-light. I have since learned that black light doesnt really do much for a plant by it self, but most do produce a small amount of light in the UV spectrum. It just seems that a little UV during flowering may just go a long way in terms of potency. Ive got one of those weird hunches. I would put a black-light in my grow room...really just for the 'cool' factor. LMAO

Back
Top Bottom