Thin stems

NCDude

Ok, I'm no expert, I've been growing two years or more...I'm learning, very pleased with my results...

In my last grow, the stems were very thin and weak, so weak that when I pulled them out to harvest, they just fell over...the only thing holding them up were some stakes, and they were bunched up together...

I have fans blowing on them, and they were close to the light (BadBoy T5s)...in fact, I did not do anything different...same strains, same everything...

Any ideas?

Thanks

I don't understand what your asking... How to get stronger/ larger stems?? If so, the fans on them is a good way to go... Silica (for nutes) will help too. I've heard of Pineapple Express' not being able to hold their own weight in flower... Mine has gotten silica nearly all its life (up til flower)... Even with our occasional speedy winds I don't think I'll have to stake a single one of my plants.. They aren't giants, but ~3 feet tall.

This technique will help a lot: soften up the branch like your going to super crop it but you leave it straight. This is a good way to avoid having to tie or stake up your plants, they do this commercially for obvious reasons, tying up these massive grows takes a lot of work. I can take a pic if you like...

So the idea is to compress all sides of the stock you want to "knuckle" don't worry if it does fall over it will right it's self back up. This branch would have fallen over with all its tops to support, now it will be just fine.

DSC018493.JPG

DSC018462.JPG

DSC018511.JPG

When you do it you do want to make sure the top part of the branch is not to big cause if it does fall over it will not right it's self. Hope that makes sense...:peace:

Back
Top Bottom