Three New Medical Marijuana Dispensary Facilities To Open In Connecticut

Robert Celt

The Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection has announced three new dispensary facilities that will be opening by the state's Medical Marijuana Program.

DCP says that after a competitive process involving 19 applicants, three new medical marijuana dispensary facilities have been chosen. The facilities will be licensed by the state's Medical Marijuana Program. These facilities are the only places in the State that are allowed to legally dispense medical marijuana to registered patients. DCP says there are currently 8,228 medical marijuana patients registered in Connecticut.

The new dispensary facilities are:

Arrow Alternative Care #2, Inc. — 255 West River Street, Milford.

Caring Nature, LLC. — 237 East Aurora Street, Waterbury.

Southern CT Wellness & Healing, LLC. — 318 New Haven Avenue, Milford.

"With the addition of three new dispensary facilities, the state's Medical Marijuana Program will be better able to meet the medical needs of the 1941 patients in Fairfield County, and the 2141 patients in New Haven County," said Commissioner Jonathan A. Harris.

Not everyone who lives and works in those areas is completely sold on the idea.

"I'm highly against any type of drugs," said Angel Rodriguez of Fairfield. "I don't think its a good idea."

There are also those who applaud the state for the expansion.

"I think its a good idea," said Matthew Otocka, who works in Milford. "I know that it (marijuana) helps a lot of people."

The facilities are expected to be ready to assist patients by early summer.

dispensary18.jpg

News Moderator: Robert Celt 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Three New Medical Marijuana Dispensary Facilities To Open In Connecticut
Author: Macy Corica
Photo Credit: None Found

Back
Top Bottom