Timber Lights is now on the clock!

Well it has been 9 days since I got my order info. No sign of a shipping notice yet. I will be calling today just to bug them LOL.

For me it is no big deal right now. If I was needing these lights to start up I would be raising hell. So while they may be good lights they are not exactly prompt. That is why I made this thread. Might as well keep track of it all here so others can watch along.

Claiming something is one thing. Backing up those claims is a different thing.

Man, sorry to hear that one. Are they just over-busy and running behind? Have they reached out to you with anything like a "We're sorry for the delay, but are running a bit behind due to intense volume" or some other type of automated email?

To me, having run businesses myself, it's not if a business has a problem, but what they do about it that makes the difference. Things are going to happen, no matter the business. But what they do about it makes all the difference in the world.

Take your situation for example. If you had received an email after 3 business days that your order was delayed (for whatever reason, high volume, awaiting part supplies, whatever) and maybe another one at the 7 day mark, would you feel different than you do now?

It will be worth the wait for sure, they're great lights. That doesn't seem to be the issue at hand, but what is could be a simple fix and improve customer relations and satisfaction.

It was a delay on a part that put my order behind. Thinks like that happen. Like multiVortex mentioned things are always going to come up in business. Happens in real life all the time too LMAO.

I called and it only took a minute for them to find my order. They gave me a new build date and a apology. Yes it would have been nice to get a e-mail about the delay. I don't know how easy it would have been. How busy are they, and just how many e-mails would they have to send?

2 things to note.

1 If you are buying quality stuff you don't mind waiting for a quality product.

2 Always order and have everything on hand and built before germinating seeds.

The only problem I have is the waiting lol. Nothing really matters that they are late, they will get here. I have made a few mistakes because of impatience. Why be discouraged over something for growing. Growing is for peace of mind.

Very good notes!

As far as notification emails and easy, I hate to give this answer but... "it depends."

If they have order info, and it's in a database, it's not difficult. It's not super simple that anyone can do, but it isn't exactly difficult to pull off. For example, they get an order and assign it an estimated ship date. A script queries at set intervals (could be nightly, hourly, twice a day, whatever) for anything that should have shipped and hasn't yet. Then it sends a delay email automatically, or it lets someone know to look into it and update the status (then it sends an email with the updated status.)

How it works exactly depends on how large the company is. Smaller companies with fewer employees available may need more automation. Of course that means more generalization in an automated email, but at least it's something.

If a company has the capability for one of their customer service reps to handle status changes, then they can do some point and click stuff (which goes quick) where they click on a new status and then a more targeted email is automatically generated.

Either way, I digress.

You're right on the notes. Good things come to those who wait, and quality products are worth such. Glad to hear you have a new estimated ship date, and I hope it's soon!

And the lights are on the way. They said my lights should be made on Monday. They ended up shipping on Monday. I will be checking the tracking when I finish here.

Yes there was a delay. Then they ended up shipping faster than they planned. I'm good with that.

I have also changed my plans. I will have 2 or 3 different strains flowering under both lights for comparison. In fact I may even keep this thread going to log everything. I need to decide on that.

It will not be a proper comparison. They are not clones so there is going to be differences because of that. One strain looks and should be very similar. The other strains I have no idea about. It still should be interesting to see the difference. I didn't figure to be able to do this for a while. The need for room pushed me to my decision LOL. No time like the present to see what the new lights can do.

I am hoping it is going to work. I think I vegged them to long for the tent size lol. The lights show up today. I just have to see how much head room I am going to have. I may not have room for stretch. That may change the strains I can put in the tent with the COB led.

I'm excited to see how they do in your 4x2. I have a light in my 4x2, but it's not high end. It's alright, about 280 watts, but could be better. I may move my 4x2 operations into a backup 4x4, and if so then I'll need another light. I would like to use 2 lights in that which each cover a 4x2 area. Whether that is 2 new lights or just adding on to the one I have has not been decided.

I have already decided to go with a second small light as apposed to getting one big one. Then you can adjust one side more or less than the other to keep up with plants. One light does not give you the adjustable part. I have one hooked up and running right now. Damn they are bright.

One thing I have noticed already is that they put out more heat than I figured. Temps are running higher in the LED tent than the 1000 watt HPS with a air cooled light. Right now temps are 85 and 83 f.

That gets me back to the Head to Head comparison. I have 3 strains under the LED. Bubble Gum, Peyote Critical, Choccrit. I have one of each of these strains in the big tent. All are different pheno's so it really isn't head to head. Temps will be different too it seems. Best I can do is say I will be able to tell. How? I am not completely sure yet LMAO.

I have already decided to go with a second small light as apposed to getting one big one. Then you can adjust one side more or less than the other to keep up with plants. One light does not give you the adjustable part. I have one hooked up and running right now. Damn they are bright.

You are absolutely right, and that is exactly the fork in the road I took. I put in an order for (2) of the budget LED panels yesterday. I was going to just go with a single panel, then decided to just bite the bullet and get it done.

The adjustment capability will be nice from that, as well as being able to have a gap in between the boards for a supplemental light. If I want to run a UV bar towards the end of flower, bloom enhancers, or whatever comes my way.

I had a thought last night. Weird I know but follow along any way LMAO. To do a comparison right. I am going to need growth rates, Internode spacing differences. and production rates. All things I never record. That would be fine if I was a numbers guy. I am not. Best I am going to be able is to give my impressions.

The fact the Timber light plants are so much different makes it hard. Plus the fact that I have different pheno's and different temps in each tent it would be tainted info anyway. I have seen enough different plants/strains flower under 1000 watt lights I know what to expect. Comparisons are also going to vary for me with the better temps I have this year.

Plants under the timber lights are looking fine. So far so good. I only have the light at 75% right now once they really start flowering I will bump it up to 100%. In fact one of the reasons for doing this is to try and keep growth rates lower during stretch. Just another reason that a head to head comparison would not be accurate.

For a true head to head, it would be a pain in the ass.

You would have to have 2 grows set up exactly the same, with the only different being the light. You would have to run plants from clones as well.

But what you can be able to tell is how well your plants grow and produce. Most lights are going to grow plants. How well they grow a plant is the key. Yield and end quality are the main things. If you're happy with it, and using less power, then all is good. :)

Growth rates are the only thing I seem to be noticing as of now. The plants under the Timber lights don't seem to be stretching as much. That is a good thing as I don't have the head room it the tent it is in. I picked plants I hoped wouldn't stretch much. So that is not a huge surprise. They were also the shortest plants I had in the big tent. I just may not be noticing their growth it as much. Buds will be the big indicator.

I had breaker problems yesterday. No more comparison. I had to turn things down a little in the Timber tent. I had turned it up to full power. I am back to 3/4 power now. Plants are going to do OK I am sure. There is just no way I am turning down the big tent LMAO. I am probably going to have to move some stuff around.

multiVortex has a interesting point. I wonder how many candles we would need for a indoor grow. I think it might be enough for a bit of a fire hazard LMAO.

multiVortex has a interesting point. I wonder how many candles we would need for a indoor grow. I think it might be enough for a bit of a fire hazard LMAO.

And warm! :D :D :D

On the bright side. I think a squirrel cage fan would work fine powered by a squirrel LMAO. It might be best to have a heard of them so they don't get tired. Can't have the fan speed slowing down LOL.

Here is a look at the difference between the Timber tent and a 1000 watt HPS after 3 weeks. The Strains Are Choccrit that I made and Nirvana's Bubblisious.
First we have Choccrit

Internode spacing is the major difference between the 2.

Bubblisious
As you can tell the differences are the same for both strains.

Back
Top Bottom