Time To Speak Up On Hemp Farm Licencing

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
A draft of the proposed new licensing scheme to allow industrial hemp production in NSW is available for public comment for 28 days.

The Iemma Government passed the Hemp Industry Bill in June this year, paving the way for a new industrial hemp industry in NSW.

Minister for Primary Industries Ian Macdonald put out an invitation to farmers to comment on the proposed licensing regulations, which are necessary to ensure the crop is grown only under licence and only by applicants of "good repute".

“The licensing scheme will be finalised after the 28-day consultation which ends on September 19,” Mr Macdonald said.

Mr Macdonald said industrial hemp would provide farmers with the additional option of another fast-growing summer crop that can be used in rotation with winter grain crops.

“Industrial hemp fibre produced here in NSW could be used in paper products and textiles, load bearing masonry for building, insulation, as an additive to wool in soft textured durable yarns and also as an alternative to fibreglass," he said.

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: The Land - Farmonline
Copyright: 2008 Fairfax Media
Website: Time to speak up on hemp farm licencing - State News - Agribusiness and General - General - The Land

Once HEMP is legal, I will farm it on my 300 acre farm in Western Ks, the perfect climate and space for hemp, I would like to produce sealants made from hemp as well as countertops, cabinets, subflooring, insulation, pressed decking like trex . And fencing. Mail boxes, walls, etc.
Gotta love hemp.

you could put some wind turbines out in your hemp fields. may your wait be short and your future prosperous!

OMG, you totally read my mind, there is a huge turbine field 3 miles to the east of my farm too! I hope it comes to fruit.

Back
Top Bottom