Timer malfunction, on for 24 hours during wk 4

DrDan

Hi all, hoping someone has had a similar experience and can en-light-en me about what I can expect to see now that my 4week old budding babies stayed up too late last night. My timer failed to shut off one of the two 1k lights last night and my girls have recieved nearly 36 hours of light... AAARRRGGG!
I plan to leave them in the dark for at least 24 hours now before restarting them on 12/12. Any feedback on this would be appreciated. I am not sure, but I have been told that it will take nearly a week before they will come out of shock and continue flowering. This sound about right to you more experienced growers?
Thanks in advance to any and all that can educate this budding farmer.
PS. sorry bout all the puns, can't help it when I stay up late.:reading420magazine:

I'm still very new to growing, so don't take what I say as gospel. But I was under the impression that the first few weeks of flowering need to be strict light schedule. And after, you can relax a bit. I think that may have been geared more towards outdoor growers who cover plants. I had kind of the opposite and lost power for about 24hrs in my 4th week of flowering. They are doing fine and did not experience any shock.

In any case, I think they will be fine. Good luck

I'm still very new to growing, so don't take what I say as gospel. But I was under the impression that the first few weeks of flowering need to be strict light schedule. And after, you can relax a bit. I think that may have been geared more towards outdoor growers who cover plants. I had kind of the opposite and lost power for about 24hrs in my 4th week of flowering. They are doing fine and did not experience any shock.

In any case, I think they will be fine. Good luck

Thanks for replying GUY,
From my understanding the lack of light doesn't interupt the flowering process other than the plant not being able to perform photosynthesis. Being a Phototropic plant meaning light triggers lifecycles, extra light would confuse during flowering. If you were vegging and you lose power for 24 hours or the plants simply get 12 hours uninterupted darkness, it triggers the flowering stage so that would not be good unless your were ready to flip em. I do know that further into the flowering period mistakes with light don't slow things down near as much as if it occurs during early flowering. Who knows, I may not even see a bump in the road. :wood: Just a nervous nelly looking for some reassurance.

Back
Top Bottom