Timers Suck!

Trajiksmokah

So i just started 12/12 and i bought a timer because i know its realy important to mantain the cycle but tonight has been like the 3rd time the timer didnt work....last night it turned off at 10 this morning it went on at 10 but tonight at 1015 i still see the light on this has happend before and sometimes it willl turn off but its always off by like 5 10 15 min....so i dont know what to do but does it mess with the plant if its only 5-15 min off by the 12/12?????????

It's vital you have a correctly working timer during 12/12--a variable time span can induce herm.'s.
Sounds like your timer is either defective or not made to handle the watts your using it for.

Get a good one.

Yes buy a good timer for sure.......

A hardware store or HomeDepot will carry quality grounded Hi-amp/outdoor timers. These are constructed to better specs. Stores like Wal-Mart usually carry a lower amp unit.

To determine your amps take your total wattage & divide by your volts= amps. So 2- 400 watt lights is figures like this.... 800 (watts) divided by 120 (volts) = 6.66 amps. Add a small fan & you're still way less than 10 amps.

Check to make sure you didnt buy a timer with a built in "Random" setting. Some timers for house security have this so that the lights kick on "generally" at the same time. Meaning it has like a 15-30 min window to make it look more random to burglars when youre not home.

I got a timer from walmart for $10. It works great. Its a timex brand one. It did take me a few days to figure out exactly how it works. Now everything is smooth as butter. This timer is complicated to use but its worth the money.

i got a timer that when it turns off . it will turn off the light, butttt the ballast will still sit there humming away. anyone know what the *uck this is all bout?

guess ill go get another one. got some other things i gotta get, like one of those timed air fresheners. thankyou for the input.i still dont understand why the light would go out but the ballast would still be humming.

Back
Top Bottom