Tolerance question

Schnauzer

i was wondering how long it takes for you to start gaining tolerance and needing to smoke more to get high? and when it happens do you get as high as normal if you smoke enough or does the effect just slowly ware down and no matter how much you smoke it doesnt effect you as much?

It depends on the person, how often you smoke, how much, and what type of dope. If you smoke different types of weed all the time, your body cant adjust to each strain quick enough. Though you are building tolerance it takes awhile. Once you are ata a point where your not geting hih, take a week or 2 off and when you smoke again, it be like starting all over again.
CHEERS:smokin:

well for me after about 2 months of everyday , i found it would take more after a while , so if its your first time just smoke maybe a join between some buddys and you will get nicely fried, but dont smoke it your self because theres this thing called caspering, thats when u just lose total control, your hearing is all buzzy and muffled, you feel really dizzy and paranoid, like real paranoid and just want to go home or somethin.

If you smoke different types of weed all the time, your body cant adjust to each strain quick enough.

I am no weedologist, but I am almost certain this is untrue. THC is THC is THC, no matter what strain your smoking this is the drug you are taking. Diffrent strains may have diffrent amounts of it but regardless of the strain it's the amount of THC entering your system that determines tolarance build up, not the strain.

Paschendale said:
I am no weedologist, but I am almost certain this is untrue. THC is THC is THC, no matter what strain your smoking this is the drug you are taking. Diffrent strains may have diffrent amounts of it but regardless of the strain it's the amount of THC entering your system that determines tolarance build up, not the strain.
Well, THC is not the only cannabinoid in marijuana. There are about a dozen, give or take a few. I'll quote from wikipedia.org for the three main psychoactive ones:
THC is the primary psychoactive component of the plant. Medically, it appears to moderate pain and to be neuroprotective. THC has a greater affinity for the CB1 receptor than for the CB2 receptors. Its effects are perceived to be more cerebral.

CBD is not psychoactive, and appears to moderate the euphoric effects of THC. It may decrease the rate of THC clearance from the body, perhaps by interfering with the metabolism of THC in the liver. Medically, it appears to relieve convulsion, inflammation, anxiety, and nausea. CBD has a greater affinity for the CB2 receptor than for the CB1 receptor. It is perceived to have more effect on the body.

CBN is the primary product of THC degradation, and there is usually little of it in a fresh plant. CBN content increases as THC degrades in storage, and with exposure to light and air. It is only mildly psychoactive, and is perceived to be sedative or stupefying.

The whole article can be found here: Cannabinoid - Wikipedia

Albeit there may be more than one cannabinoid in pot the argument still stands that it's the amount of these cannabinoids ingested that is the reason for tolarance increase (among a few others such as weight) not the strain.

Back
Top Bottom