Too much light

Mi6spook

hey people any info would be well appreciated my ladies are nearly finished they have maybe 2 weeks left somehow my timers been on for an extra 4 hours a day so they have been gettin 16 hours light and only eight hours dark will this cause them to turn hermie?:thanks:

Re: to much light

Depends on Strain but 90% of the time, NO, it will not affect them adversely for that time period. While it is not harmful Marijuana Plants need at least 12 hrs of uninterrupted light to Flower correctly. Depending on new growth I may leave it in the dark for a day or two, but either way what's done, is done.:goodluck: and let us all know if you make out OK?

Marijuana Plants need at least 12 hrs of uninterrupted light to Flower correctly.

It's actually the reverse, the plant requires 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness. There is a thread around here about using a 36 hour day cycle maintaining a 12 hour night and 24 hour day.

How long did this occur? It is possible that the plant can revert back to a veg stage and stop producing flowers if it did not receive 12 hours of darkness for a very long period. Yes this will cause them to hermi if they have a genetic disposition to do so. It depends on the strain, breeder, and how the seed was produced.

Depends on Strain but 90% of the time, NO, it will not affect them adversely for that time period. While it is not harmful Marijuana Plants need at least 12 hrs of uninterrupted light to Flower correctly. Depending on new growth I may leave it in the dark for a day or two, but either way what's done, is done.:goodluck: and let us all know if you make out OK?
thanks i'm prayin i caught it in time and it hasn't made much difference the seed were feminised medical seeds channel + they were quite expensive over about 11 pounds each and are producing large amounts of thc and the buds are nice and sticky and plus its stinks the only difference is the very tip of the buds got abit taller thanks for info happpy new year :peace:

It's actually the reverse, the plant requires 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness. There is a thread around here about using a 36 hour day cycle maintaining a 12 hour night and 24 hour day.

How long did this occur? It is possible that the plant can revert back to a veg stage and stop producing flowers if it did not receive 12 hours of darkness for a very long period. Yes this will cause them to hermi if they have a genetic disposition to do so. It depends on the strain, breeder, and how the seed was produced.
they were medical seeds channel + they were quite expensive about 11 pound each their already over 6 weeks into flowerin and have been gettin their 12 hours dark for a good 8 weeks i mean since turnin to 12/12 they can only have a couple of weeks left and are producin large amounts of thc and all buds are of a very nice size and i haven't added any pk yet so fingers crossed i lookin to go with auto flowerin seeds for my next grow would i use the 36 hour day on them?

thanks people they were medical seeds channel + they've been abit of a pain from the start considering they were over 11 pounds each and they've been flowerin for over 7 weeks and are covered in thc i was just panicing incase i'd crashed and burned at the last herdle thanks for the info :peace:

they've been flowerin for over 7 weeks and are covered in thc i was just panicing incase i'd crashed and burned at the last herdle thanks for the info :peace:

Sounds like your all set bro, and yes I meant 12 hrs of uninterrupted darkness in Flower.

it did mine wen i first started,:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom