A thought on lamp timings

merryprankste

Has anyone else tried this?
Here's a thought that entered my head one winters night last year.
I have heard of a hormone that brings on flowering in our favorite plant.
The plant needs 12 hours sleep a night to produce enough 'Florigen (or flowering
hormone)' 'Florigen - Wikipedia'
The hormone made in nature to bring on flowering.
BUT! It also needs 12 hours light to have enough energy to have a decent crop.
So I start thinking. Wouldn't it be good.
If I could find a way of making extra 'Florigen' to boost flower production.
Make it without sacrificing the lights on hours, necessary to energize the production
of a heavy crop......
There are only 24 hours in a day X 7 = 168 hours in a week.
That's in a 7 day week.... If you had a 6 day week, with 28 hours in a day.
You can have your plants still getting 12 hours energy to produce a heavy bud crop....
But they could have an extra 4 hours 'sleep' every 28 hour day.
To make an abundance of 'Florigen' to feed that bud production.
This is how I have done it. For every lamp in your grow room.
Buy a 7 day timer instead of a 24 hour timer.
Then set you lamps on and off as in the chart below.......
So you now have a 6 day week.
Your plants are awake 12 hours, and asleep 16 hours....
What do you get?
You get an extra 25% 'Florigen every sleep period to make your crop massive!
That's what you get......
Plus you save 12 hours light every week.
You can always flower for an extra week, at no extra expense from normal crop time.
Although I find it's not needed.
Using this method I have got bigger crops, denser buds, in a shorter time,
using a 1/4 less electric!

Monday. LIGHTS ON. 12.00 or 12.AM... = 12 awake ...LIGHTS OFF. 24.00 or 12.PM + 16 sleep
Tuesday. LIGHTS ON. 04.00 or 04.AM... = 12 awake ...LIGHTS OFF. 16.00 or 4.PM = 16 sleep
Wednesday. LIGHTS ON. 12.00 or 12.PM... = 12 awake ...LIGHTS OFF. 12.00 or 12.AM = 16 sleep
Thursday. LIGHTS ON. 16.00 or 4.PM... = 12 awake ...LIGHTS OFF. 16.00 or 4.PM = 16 sleep
Friday. LIGHTS ON. 08.00 or 08.AM...= 12 awake ...LIGHTS OFF. 20.00 or 8.PM = 16 sleep
Saturday. LIGHTS ON. 12.00 or 04.AM...= 12 awake ...LIGHTS OFF. 12.00 or 12.PM = 16 sleep
Sunday. LIGHTS ON. 04.00 or 04.AM...= 12 awake ...LIGHTS OFF. 16.00 or 4.PM = 16 sleep
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sorry it's easier to set on the timer

Has anyone else tried this?
Here's a thought that entered my head one winters night last year.
I have heard of a hormone that brings on flowering in our favorite plant.
The plant needs 12 hours sleep a night to produce enough 'Florigen (or flowering
hormone)' 'Florigen - Wikipedia'
The hormone made in nature to bring on flowering.
BUT! It also needs 12 hours light to have enough energy to have a decent crop.
So I start thinking. Wouldn't it be good.
If I could find a way of making extra 'Florigen' to boost flower production.
Make it without sacrificing the lights on hours, necessary to energize the production
of a heavy crop......
There are only 24 hours in a day X 7 = 168 hours in a week.
That's in a 7 day week.... If you had a 6 day week, with 28 hours in a day.
You can have your plants still getting 12 hours energy to produce a heavy bud crop....
But they could have an extra 4 hours 'sleep' every 28 hour day.
To make an abundance of 'Florigen' to feed that bud production.
This is how I have done it. For every lamp in your grow room.
Buy a 7 day timer instead of a 24 hour timer.
Then set you lamps on and off as in the chart below.......
So you now have a 6 day week.
Your plants are awake 12 hours, and asleep 16 hours....
What do you get?
You get an extra 25% 'Florigen every sleep period to make your crop massive!
That's what you get......
Plus you save 12 hours light every week.
You can always flower for an extra week, at no extra expense from normal crop time.
Although I find it's not needed.
Using this method I have got bigger crops, denser buds, in a shorter time,
using a 1/4 less electric!

Monday. LIGHTS ON. 12.00 or 12.AM... = 12 awake ...LIGHTS OFF. 24.00 or 12.PM + 16 sleep
Tuesday. LIGHTS ON. 04.00 or 04.AM... = 12 awake ...LIGHTS OFF. 16.00 or 4.PM = 16 sleep
Wednesday. LIGHTS ON. 12.00 or 12.PM... = 12 awake ...LIGHTS OFF. 12.00 or 12.AM = 16 sleep
Thursday. LIGHTS ON. 16.00 or 4.PM... = 12 awake ...LIGHTS OFF. 16.00 or 4.PM = 16 sleep
Friday. LIGHTS ON. 08.00 or 08.AM...= 12 awake ...LIGHTS OFF. 20.00 or 8.PM = 16 sleep
Saturday. LIGHTS ON. 12.00 or 04.AM...= 12 awake ...LIGHTS OFF. 12.00 or 12.PM = 16 sleep
Sunday. LIGHTS ON. 04.00 or 04.AM...= 12 awake ...LIGHTS OFF. 16.00 or 4.PM = 16 sleep
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sorry it's easier to set on the timer
You could save yourself some money and headache with a dual timing relay and set it for 12hours on 16 hours off

With that 7 day timer your lights off an on times are inconsistent,I am not sure about off but I think it stresses them to change the on time around

A lot of growers are going 11on/13off and I am heading that way I have been reading that this light schedule even brings out different expressions of pheno than on the 12/12

Hya thanks for the reply

'With that 7 day timer your lights off an on times are inconsistent,I am not sure about off but I think it stresses them to change the on time around '

How come? Its still 16 off then 12 hours on, every 28 hours, it's only inconsistent if you're still counting 7 day week.
I just grew a crop of Sweet Tooth and it didn't go hermy or anything odd. now trying a Big Bud xxx, only room for 4 plants a crop, using a 600 and a fluorescent for cuttings, but I have nothing for comparison so cant really say its better than 12 / 12. Good seed stock from reputable retailer seem to grow themselves. Pity I have only one small tent so no room for doing any real study. just having a bit of a play about. not an expert. been at it 25 years with power and another ten with sunshine so have rinsed a few crops. I like the look of them duel relay timers, its a headache setting the 7 / 6 day timer up. thanks for the advice though, there is always room to learn a bit more!

Hya thanks for the reply

'With that 7 day timer your lights off an on times are inconsistent,I am not sure about off but I think it stresses them to change the on time around '

How come? Its still 16 off then 12 hours on, every 28 hours, it's only inconsistent if you're still counting 7 day week.
I just grew a crop of Sweet Tooth and it didn't go hermy or anything odd. now trying a Big Bud xxx, only room for 4 plants a crop, using a 600 and a fluorescent for cuttings, but I have nothing for comparison so cant really say its better than 12 / 12. Good seed stock from reputable retailer seem to grow themselves. Pity I have only one small tent so no room for doing any real study. just having a bit of a play about. not an expert. been at it 25 years with power and another ten with sunshine so have rinsed a few crops. I like the look of them duel relay timers, its a headache setting the 7 / 6 day timer up. thanks for the advice though, there is always room to learn a bit more!

You are correct you do have consistent on time I just looked at times My bad bro.

Glad I could at least make it easier on you

Good luck and good vibes my cannabrother

I have thought of this.. Only downside I see is, it takes you 7 days to complete 6 cycles. I assume that would add an extra 10 days to complete a 8 week flower cycle. There are many ways to measure efficiency, but I think wt/total days defines how well one uses their eqt. I started thinking exactly like you are here. I've shifted to a similar 11on/10off type system (with indicas) to try and shorten harvest time. I think your schedule would be beneficial if your lights are underpowered (allowing more total light per day cycle) to increase production.

I am not saying you are wrong... It's only my reasoning

'I have thought of this.. I am not saying you are wrong... It's only my reasoning[/QUOTE]

Hya man. We'er a bunch of experimenters, we're not right or wrong,
Trying to fool nature can't be an easy task.
I'm just fishing for a bit of 'enlightening' discussion.
To see who else has tried not 'normal' lighting regimes.
it would be nice to stumble on something,,, more efficient while playing with timing.
All the best.

Back
Top Bottom