Help! Light left on 24hrs during 12/12

Happyjoy

hey everyone.
im about 3 weeks into flower, and lights were left on, for 24hrs during 12/12.
(last week it happened for just a few hours, i switched timers, and the second one broke also. they were both bought from the same store. i know not to get those timers anymore.....)

what should i do? ive googled the problem, but its not clear to me what to do from the answers i found.

basically, lights on were from 7PM to 7AM. lights off were from 7AM to 7PM.
today, they stayed on from 7PM yesterday, to 7PM of today.

from the resaerch i did, most people say to just leave the schedule as it is, and itll be ok. but i dont really udnerstand the meaning

being that i caught the mistake at 7PM today, after exactly 24 hours of lights on, and its now the time they should be turning on if shcedule was correct,
does that mean:
to leave lights on now for another 12 hours, since thats what their normal light on schedule was?

that would mean that they will be on for 36hrs alltogether before they hit theyre lights off time at 7am tommorow morning!

the other options seem to turn them off and give them lights off for 24 hrs, to balance out the 24hrs of light.
or to turn them off now, and change the 12/12 to turning on at 7am, and off at 7pm.
but that might also throw them off balance.
also, i really dont want lights on, during day right now, because if my lights are on during the day, the temp in the room gets to 85F. where if its on at night, the temps stay at around 79-81F

please i would really like some experienced opinions in this case
thnks!

Anything more than 12 hrs of darkness is pointless. Your plant might even hermie because of fee switch up. Stop being lazy good timers aren't hard to find and they're not expensive

Sent from my SM-G920T using 420

From what I understand plants are not too different to us. If I stay awake for 36hrs then rest for 12 I'll wake up feeling a bit dusty but once I get back to my routine I'll be fine. I had something similar happen last year I just returned them to the cycle they were on and it was fine.

Hey HappyJoy! Nothing to be unhappy or not joyful about. After only 3 weeks of short days your plants are just really starting to shift physiological gears. But I do agree that investing in a decent timer is a good move. I have had plants outdoors that never got total darkness because of an outdoor barn light. They were fine until I bush hogged around the building then I realized that I had turned on the light! Ha! I also have had plants in corn fields where they got bombarded with headlights from passing cars and even in a sweet corn patch where every time someone pulled in their head lights would hit them. Never had any problems with hermies or potency or bud denseness in any of those situations. Is it Ideal to have total darkness for speedy quality bud formation.....you bet! But one or two screw ups usually won't hurt in the long run

Back
Top Bottom