Change 12/12 light schedule back 30min?

panicattack

Guys,
I'm about to start week 3 of flowering on my first grow. Minus all the times I shocked and nearly killed them, I finally got the hang of it. I let them veg much longer than normal to get them healthy and hopefully a good yield. Question: I'm flowering from 7:30pm-7:30am but would like to change that to 7pm-7am as that 30 minutes would really help with my sleep schedule.

Is it a big deal? Can I just wake them up 30min early and go from there? So far, the schedule has been very strict with no interruptions..

Thanks!! :thanks:

Re: Change 12/12 light schedule back 30min??

The main thing to remember is to keep greater than or equal to 12 hours of darkness... That being said, turn your lights off at 7am the day you want to do the change and turn them back on at 7pm... this will only give 11.5 hours of light but you will get the desired effect.

Re: Change 12/12 light schedule back 30min??

IMO you should give them an extra half an hour of dark rather than half and hour of extra light.

Here's what to do . .imho . . . while in the light ON period set the lights to 7.00pm on and 7.00am off. That way it will shut off early that one period (11 1/2 hours on) and come on early next evening, putting you back to 12/12

As an aside if for whatever reason you have a timer or power malfuncion - hey shit does happen!! - its a whole different problem. if the lights have been off for extra time, my friend has turned the lights on as soon as he found it still dark, then ran them until they reached the original off time. That puts it back on track, assuming the problems with power or the timer is sorted.

The lights staying on past off time is the big pain in the arse !!. You have to switch them off as soon as you spring it espeacially if they've been on for more than 16 hours. (if it's only an hour or so extra light you can modify the first method to sort it, keeping the dark period 12 hours AT LEAST. You cannot skimp on the dark time . . . gotta be 12 minimum). If they've been on longer you are going to need to "step it" either forward or backwards towards your original settings. Work this out on paper while you are STRAIGHT, abnd run thru it to double check before actually reprogramming timers. You do not want to fuck this up !! My mates had to do this a couple of times and has moved the settings an hour and a half tops each light/dark sequence until it's back to normal. Both times there hasn't appeared to be anything wrong with the end produchope this is instructional

Back
Top Bottom