Veg & flower lighting question

GrowMom

high!

I was told that (9) 23watt 6500k cfl's on an 18/6 schedule was cool for veging my 1 plant.

Then when it comes time for flowering add (4) 42w 2700k bulbs and change the light schedule to 12/12.

your thoughts?

:thanks:

re: Veg & flower lighting question

I vegged with 6 40w 2700k CFLs + 2 42w 6500. Creating a full spectrum. At first used the 42w daylight bulbs only because she didn't needed more (It was small) eventually added more and now that is flowering added 4 more 23w 2700 pointing up through the canopy.

Sent from my SM-J700M using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thank you! When I begin and she is seedling do I need all the 9 23 watt 6500's cfl's on her? How much should I put on her for the first few days.. can you put to much light on a just sprouted baby?

I started with 1 42w bulb, then added 4 more 2 weeks later.

420-magazine-mobile934102452.jpg

420-magazine-mobile628079149.jpg

They need to be close to the plant 2-4 inches, but you need to check the temps and humidity which was my only problem during veg.

6 weeks of veg

420-magazine-mobile679383922.jpg

nice!!!!.....i would love to see mine be like that at 6 wks! Im using tomato seeds as guinea pigs just messing around i am getting so impatient waiting for my KUSH seeds. they are so expensive I just want to do it correctly :) I have a 5 way splitter hanging from a clamp light, maybe i will start with 2-23's while she is little then up it as she starts reaching or filling out. did you start your baby in a 3 gal? im thinking of starting in a 4" cup, then moving her to a 3 gallon, then moving her to a 5 for flower. yeah, i think my temps are gona be to high, and my humidity to low. that is the way its going now on my poor tomato.

1 started in a small pot then went to the 2 Gal. The splitter with the 2 cfls sounds good.

Mine is a Purple Kush and it growth perfectly fine under the CFLs

7 week

420-magazine-mobile1815090574.jpg

Back
Top Bottom