Thoughts on sativa light cycles

safeman

Haven't we all heard/read that sativa's need light cycles like this:
12/12
11/ 13
10/14
(ect)
have run some sativa's (100%) with various light cycles and alway thought that sativa's needed more dark hrs UNTILL I heard this statement:
at the equator the light cycle is 12/12 (have been thru to the equator - on the Ocean) So most of the landrance/heirloom strains fall in the equator location - 12/12. So why are we changing up light cycles from them when at their original cycle is 12/12 ? only answer I can come up with is for shorter flower times have run 18/6 cycle (veg) to 12/12 cycle (preflower) to 11/13 flower all with flower light. have seen some very good grows using 18/6 to 12/12 cycle. So if the no more changing light cycles (11/13 - 10/24, ect) because the extra dark times really have no influence with plant being that their "normal" cycle is 12/12. Thoughts ! do understand that added stress influences plant development Hope I put it correctly - next grow will use 18/6 to 12/12 or just 12/12 cycle thru grow

Haven't we all heard/read that sativa's need light cycles like this:
12/12
11/ 13
10/14
(ect)
have run some sativa's (100%) with various light cycles and alway thought that sativa's needed more dark hrs UNTILL I heard this statement:
at the equator the light cycle is 12/12 (have been thru to the equator - on the Ocean) So most of the landrance/heirloom strains fall in the equator location - 12/12. So why are we changing up light cycles from them when at their original cycle is 12/12 ? only answer I can come up with is for shorter flower times have run 18/6 cycle (veg) to 12/12 cycle (preflower) to 11/13 flower all with flower light. have seen some very good grows using 18/6 to 12/12 cycle. So if the no more changing light cycles (11/13 - 10/24, ect) because the extra dark times really have no influence with plant being that their "normal" cycle is 12/12. Thoughts ! do understand that added stress influences plant development Hope I put it correctly - next grow will use 18/6 to 12/12 or just 12/12 cycle thru grow
Do you have a link for that article? Pretty much all I grow are Sativas and none of the seed makers have recommended that light schedule. CL🍀 :thanks:

I drop the hours of light when I want to speed things up. Sativas typically take a lonnnng time (compared with indicas) which is why I assumed people were doing it also. I have had my Colombian Gold at 11 hours for a few weeks now.

I drop the hours of light when I want to speed things up. Sativas typically take a lonnnng time (compared with indicas) which is why I assumed people were doing it also. I have had my Colombian Gold at 11 hours for a few weeks now.
I have heard of people doing that but Dubi the rep. from Ace doesn’t recommend it on some of their strains. CL🍀.

To get more vegging? you can veg on 24/0 even with non autos.
Or you can veg Indicas on 12 hours as well, stays smaller.
I’m vegging my current grow 24/7 right now. I usually grow everything with that schedule and never had problems except high electric bills. lol CL🍀. :thumb: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom