Has anyone altered time use of metal hailide & hps lighting

lendee

Hi everyone: Here is my question if when going from vegetation to bloom has anyone stayed using metal halide to veg longer for more stretch during the bloom cycle still using 12/12 lightning. If so how has it worked for you and how long did you do it . I'm using a new form of defoliation/tie down method and don't have the stretch I want going into bloom so I was figuring that I would get better stretch for at least 1st week or 2 (still using 12/12 light cycle) if I stayed with metal halide and then switched to high pressure sodium. Any experience here would be appreciated.

Hi everyone: Here is my question if when going from vegetation to bloom has anyone stayed using metal halide to veg longer for more stretch during the bloom cycle still using 12/12 lightning. If so how has it worked for you and how long did you do it . I'm using a new form of defoliation/tie down method and don't have the stretch I want going into bloom so I was figuring that I would get better stretch for at least 1st week or 2 (still using 12/12 light cycle) if I stayed with metal halide and then switched to high pressure sodium. Any experience here would be appreciated.

You get more stretch with HPS. If you want more than that raise the lights, plants will stretch looking for light. MH has more blue spectrum normally (depends which bulbs) that causes tighter internode spacing. hope this helps.

I run them both at the same time,as was said,using the MH keeps them a bit shorter with tighter inter-node spacing

I most times run the first 3 weeks of 12/12 ,just to keep stretch under control.then finish out the grow under hps

I find once I switch the light cycle to 12hrs the plants stretch , its the natural progression .. it happens.
Massively sometimes like with a Sativa even when I use my HPS under 1 foot to the plants top as I did with my lights.

Some strains resist the stretch and others (like some Sativa) will or can stretch immensely. Most Indicas do not stretch near the amount. With a Hybrid Indica/sativa cross you could see Sativa like stretching.

By nature the Sativa is a tall plant and the Indica is a squat plant.

As mentioned the MH cause less stretch and the HPS more stretch , using both lights at once is a good thing IMO in a custom made reflector to hold both bulbs , facing each other.

I would see about 3ft of stretch from a Sativa and about 18" or 2ft from a Indica using a HPS , with the lights stupid close.
It is strain depended as some genetics are short and squat and you can not do much about it , nor do many people want to.
You will see a growth spurt once you flip the lights , if the plants are healthy.

I want to thank you all for the valued information here can't beat 420 response on things I don't know how I would have got to my 7th grow successfully without this community. I've went from aeroponics to rdwc here and "knock on wood" I haven't lost a crop yet, came close a couple of times but again help from 420 saved me and increased my knowledge base. I'm presently trying a new type of defoliation started by AK GreenLover, here at 420,it's the most radical method I've seen. I got good to great response on my grow 6 but started the processes on my bloom 3-7 day. On my grow 8 I used the process "which also incorporates a tie down method" during veg. I didn't get it right for my type of scrogs and the plant base was too small so I'm trying to stretch the plants as much as possible during the 1st part of bloom to cover more space on the scrog anyway I'm not in real bad shape and still hope for a bomber crop. Check out my grow 6 video [video=youtube_share;DxSC65J4IfE]
[/video]

Back
Top Bottom