Too much negative pressure?

Snoogins1979

420 Member
other than overheating the room (not a problem as use cfl) are there any bad side effects of too much negative pressure.

I have a secret jardin ds120, 4x4x6 ft flower room, and a small wardrobe 1.5x3x5 ft for veg, with 4 inch coil ducting connecting them passively, and a 4 inch 60 cfm fan extracting. there is no intake fan. always had neg pressure, but no where near as much as since i added the veg cab. I can boost the extractor to 100 cfm, but not sure if that will make it better, or just suck my tent into an implosion.

I think the problem is not enough air getting into the veg room, or the ducting between them causing to much static pressure??

other than another fan, any thoughts, opinions, or knowledge to help on this?

Cheers
Snoo

When using negative pressure, you have to have an intake to allow enough air inside. So, basically if you have a vent pushing the air out. But, you don't have anywhere to let new air in, I would think your air is stagnating. You don't need an intake fan ... just an air opening to feed your fan that sucks the air out.

I have a 4' x 3' x 6' area and I use a cool tube and vent fan. There is a carbon filter on the vent fan, and it exhausts outside the box. I drilled 3/4 inch holes all along the base of the cabinet. My fan makes the space a negative pressure space, but the holes allow air to enter into the box through the holes alond the bottom. I have very good airflow using this method.

Back
Top Bottom