Traditional style LED or Mars Hydro or similar heat

Cgbw

So I was wondering how much of a heat difference traditional style led lights with the fans built in opposed to Mars hydro or similar brands are. I just moved up to a bigger tent with less room and am seeing mid 80s temps opposed to my usual mid to high 70s and I’m considering buying a new light that gives off a lot less heat. Any reccomendarions?

Get quantum boards and put the Meanwell outside of the tent will obtain you the best light with those Samsung LEDs and by having the transformer outside the tent will reduce the heat inside greatly.
Unlike the various brands of blurple lights that need internal fans to cool, QBs do not which reduces the cost of operation.

Get quantum boards and put the Meanwell outside of the tent will obtain you the best light with those Samsung LEDs and by having the transformer outside the tent will reduce the heat inside greatly.
Unlike the various brands of blurple lights that need internal fans to cool, QBs do not which reduces the cost of operation.
Do you have a rexcomendation on a light? My tent is 32”wX60Lx80”h

Do you have a rexcomendation on a light? My tent is 32”wX60Lx80”h
I run 2 boards in each of my 4 x 2 tents. That is the minimum that size needs and one definately needs to lollypop and get the strings out to support and keep stuff spread out to get light. It definitely is much better quality light than blurples.
If you built them yourself a single QB and heat sink set runs around $75.
My latest Meanwell for a 2 board set up was $80, the 6 foot piece of aluminum angle was $8 and the screws and wires were laying around.
If you buy it ready made add at least another $75 (likely more) to those prices.

I run 2 boards in each of my 4 x 2 tents. That is the minimum that size needs and one definately needs to lollypop and get the strings out to support and keep stuff spread out to get light. It definitely is much better quality light than blurples.
If you built them yourself a single QB and heat sink set runs around $75.
My latest Meanwell for a 2 board set up was $80, the 6 foot piece of aluminum angle was $8 and the screws and wires were laying around.
If you buy it ready made add at least another $75 (likely more) to those prices.
I’d be too worried about burning my house down building my own light lol. Mechanic wise I can turn a wrench any day on anything but electrical wise I leave that to the professionals

Just make sure they are using Samsung leds.
There are several big name companies making QB-like lights with inferior leds.
They might look like QB's but are just cheap inferior look alikes.

Back
Top Bottom