Transferring seedlings

Vasdef

Hi all, ok, im setting up a hydro system, using coco coir and perlite mix.
After my seeds sprout, how big should they be when transferring to the coco coir pots?

Hi all, ok, im setting up a hydro system, using coco coir and perlite mix.
After my seeds sprout, how big should they be when transferring to the coco coir pots?
Hey @Vasdef how are you doing.
Are they big enough that the roots will get water/nutrients otherwise you will have to hand water them.
I don't grow that method but I've seen some get them going right away .
Bill

Hi Bill, I didnt germinate them yet, been trying to soak in as much info on hydro that I can before starting.
As far as watering goes, I have a submersible pump in the water. From the pump I have 4 1/4"? tubes, 1 tube per pot. So I'm hoping that will work.

Hi Bill, I didnt germinate them yet, been trying to soak in as much info on hydro that I can before starting.
As far as watering goes, I have a submersible pump in the water. From the pump I have 4 1/4"? tubes, 1 tube per pot. So I'm hoping that will work.
That's what I've seen others do. Should work for you aswell.
Bill

I soak the seeds overnight and then put them in damp paper towels till the radicle (root stem) appears. Then they go into solo cups fill with buffered coco. I hand water twice a day with dilute fertilizer increasing concentration each day. When they have filled the cups, they go into larger containers with coco/perlite, and start autowatering.
There are other ways, with plugs and seed starters, but thats the method i use, if that answers the original question.

Back
Top Bottom