Best Coco? New Grower

Did you check the salt level in the peat.
In the years past when raising plants for my golf courses I had used peat and had poor showings from it. I spoke with a ag extension agent and he suggested I get away from peat do to the amount of salts. I eliminated peat from my mixes and never had a sprouting problem after that.

This stuff is over 15 years old maybe even 20? I've got about 30 blocks of it. It's got rocks, sand and leaves in it, I even found a button. EC is around 2.3 on first wash but comes out clear. Double washed and buffered and it's ready. Best part is there's no powder, doesn't need perlite and it goes toe to toe with anything else.

IMG_4050.JPG

IMG_4052.JPG

Have tried a few different but will continue to use Canna Coco.
I use Canna mixed with Coco Loco and recently bought 2 Canna "brick's" I wish to try for size requirements of my grow room,Lol. SSgrower

I use canna bricks
I roast them in the oven at 200 degrees F for 4 hours, then let cool
Then I throw them into a large rubbermaid tub, add water and inflate them
Once I get it to a consistency that I'm happy with, I fill the appropriate pots that will be housing the plant, seed, ect
You have to flush/rinse it. I don't care who's brand you're using. That goes for bagged as well.
I'll mix up a very large vat of ph'ed water and pass it through till I'm getting consistant runoff ph and ppm readings.
Once that happens, I'll then flush with ph'ed water with the calmag and whatever starter nutes you want you plant, seed, seedling to go into.

Coco is more work upfront getting the medium to where you're confident that it's characteristics are just where you want them
But after that, it's a breeze to keep your PH in line
I'll always take coco over soil because it gives me that extra control over exactly whats in the medium. It also gives me the ability to fix problems fast by flushing

Just my 2 cents
Canna brick's come Pre-washed, explain why you wash them again? SSgrower

Back
Top Bottom