Transplant time?

Kushmun

420 Member
Hey all,

So this is my first time growing, and I just bought a Northern Lights clone from a friend of mine about a week ago.

The clone is pretty tall (about 33cm) and I've only been feeding it filtered water every 2-3 days (depending on how dry the dirt is).

I was thinking about transplanting it into a bigger pot, but with everything being closed I haven't had the chance to talk to anyone in person at a hydroponic or garden store about a good medium.

I was initially planning to plant it outside at the end of the month, but it has been a lot colder than anticipated. Its been fkn snowing the past couple days here(I live in Southern Ontario, Canada).

Anyways, I had been reading into Pro-mix HP Mycorrhizae and perlite as a good medium, but would I be able to transplant that outside into my garden, say, middle of June if the temperatures rise to 70-80 degrees?

Also, would it be okay to keep feeding it tap water or is it essential to get a 3 part nutrient?

I'm sorry if these are noobish questions, but I'm totally new to this.

Attachments

• 20200511_094030.jpg
    20200511_094030.jpg
    714.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 20200511_093859.jpg
    20200511_093859.jpg
    570.7 KB · Views: 33
Welcome to the forum!
I'm in Southern Ontario as well. ProMix HP is pretty much a soilless medium. Mainly peat moss. If you're going to stick with that you will need to feed it, and I've mostly heard good things about megacrop. Mainly that it's pretty simple and gets good results.
I do recommend putting it straight in the ground, as soon as it warms up. I'll be moving my plants outdoors as soon as the polar vortex has passed. It'll likely get huge, depending on strain and what type of soil you have.
Good luck.

You can order directly from greenleif but they are out now. You can sign up for a email when is available I don't think it will be long. In the past they were giving a free sample if you paid for shipping. The free sample would probably be enough for that one plant all the way to harvest. Also Amazon will probably have it again when it's in stock.

Thanks a lot fellas for the info!

I will definitely order some mega crop and will head out to grab my promix and perlite now!

I will transplant it into a bigger pot with just a regular soil mix until I get the megacrop online, and then again once I have my full medium

Thanks again!!

Back
Top Bottom