transplanting before flowering

gorillagrow

I' m a newbie, and will be transplanting my little bag seed darling in the next day or 2. They are currently in 6" square pots,are between 18" and 24" tall, putting them into 12 Qt containers. Currently, they are in a small grow box, on 24/7 fluro lighting, moving to larger closet, that will provide ample space for the flowering. I will still be using fluro's but increasing the system to 4 4ft tubes 2 cool white and 2 agr grow lamps, and can add side lights if needed but have good side reflection in place. My main questions are how long should I wait to change to 12/12 after transplanting? Should I take clones before going to 12/12 or wait till I can reconize the sex, then put the clones in grow box with 24/7 lighting? to bring them back to veg growth?

After transplanting I would wait a few days before going to 12/12. Just cause when you transplant it you shock the plant so growth stops for a day or 2, sometimes longer. And you can take clones before or during the flowering stage. If you take clones during flowering the only thing is it will take the clone longer to develope roots, since your going from a 12/12 light cycle to a 24/0. Reason being is your shocking your plants anytime you go from a 12/12 back to vegetative growth. Takes them a few days to resume growth.

If you don't know the sex I would suggest waiting before taking some clones, just cause you don't wanna end up cloning males.

One more thing, when you take your clones do it closer to the bottom of the plant, since there's more root hormones located closer to the base of the stem, rather then at the top of the plant.

thanks for the info, I figures leave them about a week, and I will take clones after starting to flower, sounde good to me! I will put up some pic's after I transplant them.:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom