Transplanting

Bilbobudkin420

I only transplant my photos once from baby pots to 5gal smarts but I was wondering what sort of size your plants are when you transplant to second containers? I suspect ive been transplanting early cos I didnt wanna put nutes through in those tiny pots (dont know why but meh). Pics would help! :D

My progression is Solo cup, 2gallon, 5 gallon. I use fabric pots with promix and perlite, the longer you wait in the 2nd fabric pot the harder it becomes. Some brands have pots with Velcro sides just for that reason, site sponsor geopot being one. My theory is to utilize the air pruning benefits of a small fabric pot to build a dense root mass before transplanting. In fabric pots a drier root ball transplants more easily than a wet one for what it's worth.

Sweet. I can see the purpose of using 3 pots but personally I dont wanna go buy more pots and create more work for myself Im not lazy but I like making things as easy for myself as possible. Minimise the chance of transplant shock and stunting that aggresive veg stage growth aswell. Ill be showing everyone my home made baby pots when I put my next seeds in the dirt :p. My idea is getting the root ball as dense as possible before it gets into the big container then once she goes in she'll take off. So I feel like I could leave them in the baby pots a bit longer and just start the nutes in them (I start my nutes very weak anyway so dont panic lol)

Back
Top Bottom