Watering right after transplanting?

The70’s

Hello, today i transplanted my 8wk old vegging plants from 2.5gal to 5gal where they will stay during a 8wk flower.

The 2.5gal pots were watered a few days ago and that made transplanting a breeze, i usually let the new soil and the old soil settle for 24hrs and then give em a good soaking the next day.

Whats your process and why ☺️ inregards to watering after transplanting

1699465442877.jpeg

Im going to be flipping to 12/12 once they settle in, probably next monday.

Nice looking set-up and the plants too. I can see why you like those "lifters" you found.

i usually let the new soil and the old soil settle for 24hrs and then give em a good soaking the next day.

Sometimes I do the same and sometimes I will give a good watering in the hour or so after the transplanting.

If the soil around the plant and the new soil was already moist then I can wait a day or two, sometimes three before I pour enough water to settle the soil.

But, sometimes the soil around the root ball and the new soil is not as moist as I want and it is better if I do the transplanting and start to water right away. Pour some on and let it soak & come back 20 to 30 minutes later and pour some more on and the next morning everything seems to be back on schedule.

I wait at least two weeks after the final transplant before I put the plants into the flowering tent. I firmly believe that the plant slows down root development as flowering starts. The more roots already growing in the new soil when that happens the merrier.

I wait at least two weeks after the final transplant before I put the plants into the flowering tent. I firmly believe that the plant slows down root development as flowering starts. The more roots already growing in the new soil when that happens the merrier.

I have nothing but time, thanx man, I’ll water em’ in the morning and give them a chance to root a little better 👍🏽

I usually flip the day i transplant into the final pots, and never gave a thought to letting the roots dig into the new soil.

Thanx man

Hello, today i transplanted my 8wk old vegging plants from 2.5gal to 5gal where they will stay during a 8wk flower.

The 2.5gal pots were watered a few days ago and that made transplanting a breeze, i usually let the new soil and the old soil settle for 24hrs and then give em a good soaking the next day.

1699465442877.jpeg

What size is your grow tent may I ask?

I always try to uppot when the plant is dry. After uppot, I water thoroughly in their new home to make sure the old root ball is well connected to the new soil.

I always try to uppot when the plant is dry. After uppot, I water thoroughly in their new home to make sure the old root ball is well connected to the new soil.

Hey LKA,
Yeah, by the time i up pot, the nutrients are about gone especially nitrogen , and they can’t reach the fresh soil to get any, so there is a lag in available nutrient uptake.

From now on i’ll water em good with my cal/mag+ after up potting so i can bridge that little gap, but transplanting dry is the way to go.

Little bits of the puzzle 🧩 thanx man

I also like to transplant when the media is relatively dry. The sides of the soil tend to pull away from the pot making it easier to slip out and not crumble in my hands.

After I've transplanted I immediately water them in with a 1/4 mix of nutes, I bottle feed, and some Hormex to reduce transplant shock. Right before I place them in their new home I like to dust the hole with some Mycorrhizae.

I also like to transplant when the media is relatively dry. The sides of the soil tend to pull away from the pot making it easier to slip out and not crumble in my hands.

After I've transplanted I immediately water them in with a 1/4 mix of nutes, I bottle feed, and some Hormex to reduce transplant shock. Right before I place them in their new home I like to dust the hole with some Mycorrhizae.

Yup, thanx man !

Back
Top Bottom