Treating Bug Issues With Osage Orange

Hayron1088

I’m going to start this simple, not sure if I can post “outside” information on this forum so if someone can educate me on those guidelines I would be grateful. Ok so back to it, can you use an Osage Orange for a pest deterrent? I have read on the interweb that you can but there is nothing out there that shows how to prep it for such endeavors. I remember my grandmother, who was born in 1918 and passed in 2005, had Osage oranges in her fruit cellar. Does it really work? They to have the properties I hear to do so but how? Does anyone else do this? Or is it BroScience bs?

I would love to post the info I found if I can for all of us to be on the same study. Alot of “old wives tales” or whatever it’s called nowadays about things like this. I have a little fruit fly issue in my tomatoes that made it to my plants recently and my mother gave me these and said, “here this should work” with no evidence to support.

Howdy do,
I would love to know myself, this could be very useful info:)
Pm me the details and I will check it out first, if you like..if its just for reference, it should be OK.
I will get back to you on what we are and not allowed to link to

Howdy do, this is a quote from our guidelines, Hope it helps .

Recruiting & Hyperlinking
420 Magazine allows linking to most other websites for the purpose of providing a reference. We do not allow either recommending, linking to or discussing other Cannabis related forums/communities, blogs, listings or networking oriented communities such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube or Twitter. We would like to be more directly connected with the entire global Cannabis community, however there are many bad seeds who spoil the fun for the rest of us. In the past, allowing posts to these other websites has gotten out of hand, resulting in forum spam with non sponsored products and attempts to recruit our members for other websites.

420 Magazine understands that its members may belong to any number of other Cannabis content sites on the net. We acknowledge that friends may occasionally reference these other sites in their private discussions either here or elsewhere. 420 Magazine takes no issue with this practice but we do prohibit recruiting whether it occurs on or offsite, which may result in a termination of a member's account. 420 Magazine reserves the sole right to interpret the distinction between "referencing" and "recruiting" based on frequency, context, and/or prior advisories. No one will lose their access because they made a one time reference to a friend. Members that become disgruntled and suggest members leave the site, or that have been previously advised, or that habitually reference other sites, may be interpreted as practicing recruiting.

Commercial and/or promotional links to external websites are prohibited. This also applies to websites like Amazon, eBay and Overstock. Off-site links in signatures are not permitted for members; only Sponsors may tastefully link to their websites. This helps preserve sales for our Sponsors as well as saving our valued members from fraudulent links to phishing websites and/or sites tracking IP addresses.

Before linking to offsite references, please utilize our Search Feature to find and link to on-site content; if available. We encourage members to participate in establishing desirable content here, instead of sending everyone off site. 420 Magazine is a free website existing solely due to the support of our Sponsors, who help sustain our mission of bringing cannabis and hemp awareness to the world.

We work very hard to make this the best source of information for everyone. Please show respect and do not promote other websites here, instead help us build our international alliance of free thinkers.

If you have any questions, please just ask

I will have a browse about the tinterweb and see if I can find any answers on prep...
I think it would be an amazing Organic route for bugs if effective. Tell you what, I have a plant that has gnats currently, I will slice one Osage orange and keep one whole as “control” and see how it goes. I’ll place them when I get home from work and monitor daily.

From what I've been able to find, whole Osage fruit has little effect, sliced or crushed will repel SOME insects, but in areas with high air flow the effect is greatly diminished. So whole Osage, broscience, sliced/crushed, some effect. It's kinda like chicken soup for a cold "It couldn't hurt".

Back
Top Bottom