Trichome color

KenG

Someone said that their trichomes look darker on the top buds,as opposed to still clear on the lower buds. Is there any advantage to cutting the top and letting the lower buds get more light (and grow larger). Or should they all change at the same time.

thx
ken

It's very unlikely that the Trics on an entire plant will change color at the same time. Some take the ripe buds as they change leaving the rest to mature. Some look for a 50/50 color change where approx 1/2 the trics have changed and take the whole plant down. Mostly depends on the high you prefer.

I'd like to hear more on this also. Everything I ever read said that when the trichomes change to around 50/50, it's time, but then again, what about buds on the plant that have not changed yet?

I imagine you could cut one branch at a time as each one changes, I've just never heard of it being done yet, in my somewhat limited research.

I harvest on a bud to bud basis. The buds do mature at different times the further down the plant/stalks they go. Take the top mature buds, seal the stalks you cut them from with Treheal or tar, and watch the next buds bulk up and build ambers. It takes me 3 or sometimes 4 cuttings to harvest a plant in this way, but every bud taken is at it's optimum and is the best it can ever be.

Hey Irish, What can you use to seal cut buds with? Is there anything a-round the house one could use? Im using t5's and my buds are going to be cut at differnt times. Do you Have to seal them? Thanks Irish

Hey Irish, What can you use to seal cut buds with? Is there anything a-round the house one could use? Im using t5's and my buds are going to be cut at differnt times. Do you Have to seal them? Thanks Irish

If you can't find TreeSeal or TreeHeal at a local Walmart or garden center or nursery (it's pretty cheap and relatively easy to find), I suppose you could use some sort of water-based acrylic paint. You don't have to seal the stems if you don't mind your plant being shocked and trying to repair itself. When you seal the stems you just cut bud from, the plant goes on like business as usual--it doesn't know it was hurt. All the extra energy that would have gone to the cut bud now goes to the buds that are left on the stalk instead of trying to heal itself--ergo, uninterrupted growth. ;)

If you can't find TreeSeal or TreeHeal at a local Walmart or garden center or nursery (it's pretty cheap and relatively easy to find), I suppose you could use some sort of water-based acrylic paint. You don't have to seal the stems if you don't mind your plant being shocked and trying to repair itself. When you seal the stems you just cut bud from, the plant goes on like business as usual--it doesn't know it was hurt. All the extra energy that would have gone to the cut bud now goes to the buds that are left on the stalk instead of trying to heal itself--ergo, uninterrupted growth. ;)

Is this a technique you've used successfully before? Thanks!

I use it religiously. My girls love me for it. :ganjamon:

Here's my question I have a plant 52 days in flowering. I forgot the name of what i did but it's when you cut the tip to have more then 1 cola. a few days ago i went to check my tric colors, I accidentally bust open the Bud to the point where i can see the actual stem of where the bud wraps around. today i go check on my gals and the 1 bud that i accidentally bust is dried up but the other buds on the plant is still moist and sticky.
Another thing the trics are clear to milky none amber yet, and thats what i want so.........

Questions:
1- Do I leave the bud alone ?
2- can i remove that whole branch its on without effecting the rest of the plant ?

what to do?, as I said i want amber trics and they are not there yet.

My trics are cloudy about 80% 20% clear but only 6 weeks today. What is TO early to harvest for engertic high. Growing Big Bud. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom