Trimming & Care Help

WthAmIDoing

Hey guys, This is my first grow and I have 2, 8 week old plants that BOOMING. I think I’m at a point where i need to start trimming and taking better care of the plants. They’re growing healthy but i want to start transferring the energy to stems that’ll develop flowers.

So what should i do? I don’t know how to trim correctly (where and what to trim) and make them into bushy plants. HELP

By "trimming", I'm assuming you're referring to topping and not defoliation.

First, if they're auto's, do NOT trim/top them. You can LST, but it's way too late to start trimming an auto.

Assuming it's a photo, if you look at where a set of leaves meets the stalk, just above each leaf will be a small bud. If you cut the stalk just ABOVE those buds, the growth hormones (auxins) will redistribute to those TWO (one on each leaf!) bud sites, which will each develop into new stalks. So, you get two tops for each one you cut. You just want to make sure the plants will veg long enough for those two new tops to develop to a point where they make up for the one you just cut, so, as with an auto, I would not top within 2-3 weeks of putting into flower.

By "trimming", I'm assuming you're referring to topping and not defoliation.

First, if they're auto's, do NOT trim/top them. You can LST, but it's way too late to start trimming an auto.

Assuming it's a photo, if you look at where a set of leaves meets the stalk, just above each leaf will be a small bud. If you cut the stalk just ABOVE those buds, the growth hormones (auxins) will redistribute to those TWO (one on each leaf!) bud sites, which will each develop into new stalks. So, you get two tops for each one you cut. You just want to make sure the plants will veg long enough for those two new tops to develop to a point where they make up for the one you just cut, so, as with an auto, I would not top within 2-3 weeks of putting into flower.
I have no idea what they are. I do know they are Gelato Seeds straight from a plant i was trimming.

I will try topping on one of my smaller plants. However for defoliation, i want to create a “canopy” on one of the plants. Again, i haven’t researched too much on these

Back
Top Bottom