Trimming

Css1982

I need help I've been on a 12/12 light cycle and I'm stating to see my tops come in I want to trim my plants up so they don't waste energy on anything but buds.I've been trimming here and there to take out some under growth and large fan leaves near the bottom but I'm still left with a rather bushy plant and not sure how far I should go in removing fan leaves that r blocking bud sites?leafs and branches that just aren't big enough for good buds? And just airing out the plant so it can breathe? Here r some pics if there are any suggestions or other threads that explain how to do this please share.
332e651eb2b4446faf56324523cf9304.jpg
e621932a779788d45fcea4ae4cfa9f59.jpg

css1982

what you want to do is lollipop and for a bigger pay out top the plant a few times and your rocking have a look at my Zombie kush I'm growing see how i lollipop the plants as you want to focus everything up top as the light can't reach

IMG_58526.JPG

what you want to do is lollipop and for a bigger pay out top the plant a few times and your rocking have a look at my Zombie kush I'm growing see how i lollipop the plants as you want to focus everything up top as the light can't reach

IMG_58526.JPG
I guess I'm just scared to take that much off thanks for the input ganna strip them down more when the lights turn on in about 11 hours

css1982

you can leave it but after years of growing all you get is undone popcorn buds and most of the pistols are white still, So i strip it to focus everything up top let me know how you make out :high-five:

you can leave it but after years of growing all you get is undone popcorn buds and most of the pistols are white still, So i strip it to focus everything up top let me know how you make out :high-five:
For sure everything I read or watch on YouTube says the same stuff.one more question if u don't mind.does it matter when I trim them do i need to wait for a certain period of growth or can I pretty much do it when ever?

css1982

good question i start to strip the second to three week in flowering and then as needed i strip a few in veg too :slide:

good question i start to strip the second to three week in flowering and then as needed i strip a few in veg too :slide:
Ok I'm almost in to my 3rd week of flower been about 7-10 days since I have noticed bud sites start to pop up. well I will be back tonight with updates on what I did.thanx for your help

css1982

You can trying to pull the lower branches out to where the light will get to the middel..that what I did..I didn't have to cut any of my branches..I took of the lower bud sites toward the bottom of the branches..here mine,she went 11 weeks..Blackberry kush
20160405_004318.jpg
20160405_052911.jpg
20160405_060225.jpg
20160405_060649.jpg

Back
Top Bottom