Try an salvage the plant?

tego210

The hairs on the buds are about 20% red so they are not ready yet,but I believe that they will be ready in about a week or two. If I clip the buds and set the lighting back to 24/7 to get it back to veg. can I get the plant to survive? I think that if I cut it about an inch or so above the soil on the main stem, the plant would not survive. I would like to start it over again veggin' because it is primo dank. Any input? :Rasta:

im no expert but i have heard of flowering a plant and then revegging after harvest... it works, im not sure how to do it but i thik it can be done, im sure someone here knos how.

When you harvest the plant, leave a few inches of stem, and at least 3-4 little branches with the buds and the leaves on them. Then take it out of it's pot and cut off 2/3 of the rootball.

Then repot into fresh soil, give it a shot of veg fertilizer put the lights back on 24/7 and wait.... eventually it will start to re-grow out of the buds that you left on the branches.

Peace
MC

hey mc... that sounds cool have you ever done it? maybe ill try it... not this time, but eventually.

I have regenerated only one time my first grow journal. i regenerted 5 plants
Torco55's Regeneration
Just leave enough small buds so it can regenerate itself and start growing again.

Hey madamecrash why do you cut off 2/3 of the rootball? what does that do for the plant??

it gives the plants root system to regrow. Most plants are fully rootbound at time of harvest. by removing a 1/3(That's all I remove) you are giving it the root room it needs. the plant is basically starting life over with a full rootball already attached. It's going to need some type of room to grow or the plant will be stressed and possibly stunted.

^^ You said it better than I could Racefan. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I've done it lots of times just to see what would happen, and to find out how much root pruning a plant can take. MJ is really tough... I've found it almost *likes* a thorough root trim once and a while. It's like giving them a haircut. I do it to my mother plants every 2-3 months so I can keep them in 4" pots indefinately.

The new roots always grow in all nice 'n white and fat 'n healthy. So I like to trim off as much of the old roots as possible to encourage as much new growth in return.

Peace
MC

Good info there Racefan and madamecrash I am going to be regenaerating a few plants from my crop i have going now after i harvest the buds. they will be transplanted outside this spring.

greenqueen said:
especially with mothers :allgood:

If your not recloning the mother you almost have to trim the roots.
Having such a extensive root system with such a small canopy can promote root rot. Root rot will slow plant growth then the disease kicks in and the plant drops dead. Thats worse case scenario.

Wow and I thought I was the only one who revegged. I had one plant that made it 2 cycles. She was 4 feet high and bushy, and cropped the top 3 feet, left all the scragly growth at the bottom, cut 1/2 the root ball, fresh soil, and went back to 24/7, and even added a bulb just cuz I really wanted it to work. Well hell it worked great, grew another 4 foot plant out of it, and manages to salvage enough and reveg again to get some clones. Just pe patient

If your not recloning the mother you almost have to trim the roots.
Having such a extensive root system with such a small canopy can promote root rot. Root rot will slow plant growth then the disease kicks in and the plant drops dead. Thats worse case scenario.

thanks for the info i had a great mother that lasted me about a year of cuttings i dont know why i didnt think of cutting her root system makes alot of sense nice one:allgood:

Is the revege plant more potent since it is an older plant? I think I heard some where that it is stronger smoke with a revege.

Back
Top Bottom