Trying to get started, without top-of-the-line bs.

NinjaGrowPwnz

Just wanted to note this is my first post, wanted to say wassup and what my plans are for growing at home, All suggestions and feedback are welcome, I've been reading a lot of forums, watching a lot of videos, Got a crash course for setup from a family friend, I understand the protocol about the site so won't even go into how much trouble I'm having getting the seeds haha. But anyway, below will be my general idea for my grow setup.

Grow Closet: going to build one, wood frame(2x2's mainly) outside covered with a nice thin plywood so it LOOKS like a tool cabinet, 6 ft is as tall as the room is but going to keep it so its movable, inside either Mylar roll from ebay or survival blankets(space blanket) Mylar or tinfoil big difference? Going to be about 4 ft wide, 2 ft deep, 6 ft tall, any suggestions on if the 2x4 area would be enough to fully grow 2 plants? a top shelf for clones/seeds because its a warm area and won't need a warming pad for them, but don't know if i should bother considering I'm just doing 2 plants(or as many as i can in it) at a time.

Lights: Using CFL Bulbs(enough to get about 2500 lumens per sq-ft. not below the 2k minimum. say a neat home made one using cut cans as mini-hoods for each bulb, using 3 splitters to hold total of 4 CFL bulbs each using cool/white for the first 6-7 weeks, then swap to a higher 4-5k WARM light for the last 2-3 weeks or right before budding stage.

Water/Fertilizing: for the setup like I'm planning that's not huge, should i really put money into a liquid pump on a timer? i was just going to have like a 5 gallon batch made with a constant aerator and water before & after day cycle, since i can control their light times they'd sleep when I do, pretty much. Also were on our own well which I've been told is alot better for the plants.

Air: found a air pump with 4 spouts, 25 ft of hose, and 4 air stones for about $32, haven't bought it yet. but would be plenty for the setup I'm doing.

Power: I've done electrical, going to add another breaker most likely a single phase 30 amp to be safe. run to an outlet close by where my grow closet will be, family owned houses so no worries about ticked off landlords lol.

Chemicals not a freakin' clue, was tempted to do organic but afraid of that 1 spider mite... i have charts etc but haven't even looked at prices yet other then popping my head into the FoxFarms store nearby, nothing was priced... again, i am new at this lol.

Tools/Meters: haven't really checked on them yet, want one to mount inside the closet to monitor humidity/temp/Co2?

Ventilation: epic fart fan from home depot for $14.

That's basically what i have in my head as basics so far for this build, timers etc will dollar up the cost but all in all trying to get started for just a few hundred, storing methods, pest control I still need to learn.

As mentioned I accept all feedback, ideas, Etc, and will continue to check out other threads, mainly wanted to introduce myself and my build =)

Back
Top Bottom