U.K Growing outdoors on a budget ....need help !

Metro Star

Hi all !!!
I need your help !!
Yes you ....you expert growers !
This is my 1st grow and i really need your advice on this .
I was able to get some seeds back in April 2010 , i have no idea what they are ??? But i thought i would take a chance and try to get a crop and save me buying any weed for a while as im unemployed and broke !!
The seeds i got was from some bud a bought .
From the 7 seeds i had 2 looked like crap after the 1st few weeks so i pulled them . The 5 left i put into the flowering stage but 4 of them turned out to be male ,so i pulled them too ! Which left 1 ...
Funny ,but the 1 left (the female ) was the healthiest and biggest and in the biggest pot .
We have had a very good summer here in the u.k , so things have been very good for it !!!
All i have had to feed it on is baby bio !!!! but three weeks ago i got some miracle grow which has really helped !!
I think it has been in the flowering stage for 6 to 8 weeks but i can remember !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What i need to know from you guys is it ready for harvest ???? As i have no idea !
Im a total noob !! I also want to know what strain it is ,,if you can help ???
I hope the photos are ok and come out well ive only got a kamera phone. I dont have a mikroskope, but i have a magnifiing glass and krysyals look milky white !
Please help guys !!
ctmpphpyGDplh.jpg

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/ctmpphp2eBKBM.jpg

:thanks:

First off your plant looks great, But it looks a little early to harvest. Checking the trichome's is the most accurate way but you can also tell by what the plant is doing. One way is to look at the hairs and you want at least a 50/50 ratio to the white ones. You could also get a standard magnifying glass and do it that way. I hope this helps.

Great looking plant! I don't think it is ready, either. If the trichomes are milky white, they should start turning amber soon. Some people like to harvest when a certain percentage have turned amber, depending on personal preference. I like looking at them through a 30X jewelers loop. You can get them cheap on eBay.

pop down to maplin, they do a 100x magifiyer for £6.99!!! Plant looks great, I also am in the uk and have my own indoor + indoor grow, check out my journal. Will keep looking in to see how you get on :goodluck:

pop down to maplin, they do a 100x magifiyer for £6.99!!! Plant looks great, I also am in the uk and have my own indoor + indoor grow, check out my journal. Will keep looking in to see how you get on :goodluck:

Sweet! I didn't know they made those. Now I want one. :)

Watching the color of the trichomes is the best guide for telling, when to harvest, as I understand it. There is lots of info on this site in that regard. Typically, harvesting when they are fewer amber ones gives more of an "up" high, and waiting til they have all turned amber tends to give more of a "couch lock" buzz. That's why people tend to like something in between. Obviously, there are other factors involved. You can also take branches that are at various stages to compare the difference.

I have a Maplin near my home £6.99 ....... bargin !!! I will get one !
And i will check out your journal too , sounds good

Sweet! I didn't know they made those. Now I want one. :)

Watching the color of the trichomes is the best guide for telling, when to harvest, as I understand it. There is lots of info on this site in that regard. Typically, harvesting when they are fewer amber ones gives more of an "up" high, and waiting til they have all turned amber tends to give more of a "couch lock" buzz. That's why people tend to like something in between. Obviously, there are other factors involved. You can also take branches that are at various stages to compare the difference.

Couch locked ?? ....I take it that means cant think, let alone move !!Legs feel like lead and your dribbling out the corner of your mouth !!!! lol :laughtwo:

Back
Top Bottom