UK: Labor MP Says Protesters Should Smoke Cannabis In Parliament To Shock Officials

Ron Strider

A Labor MP has urged druggies to smoke cannabis inside the House of Parliament in a bid to persuade politicians to change the law.

Paul Flynn's bizarre outburst came as he admitted making a cup of cannabis tea for a campaigner when she visited him in the Palace of Westminster.

Labor's Paul Flynn called on protesters to take drugs in Parliament

The 82-year-old hard-left veteran was speaking during a Commons debate on how the Government should regulate drugs.

He called for legalization of marijuana for people who use the drug to treat chronic pain.

Mr Flynn said: "I would call on people, and I know we're not supposed to do this as members, to break the law.

"To come here and use cannabis here and see what happens and challenge the Government, the authorities, to arrest them and take them in.

"That's the only way we can get through the common mind of the Government, which is set in concrete and the whole laws are evidence free and prejudice rich — let's see them do that."

He told his fellow-MPs that a few years ago, he helped multiple sclerosis sufferer Elizabeth Brice to make cannabis tea while they talked on the Parliament terrace.

Mr Flynn said: "She came to this House and together, collaborating with her, we committed a terrible crime on the terrace of this House because I supplied her with a cup of hot water into which she put cannabis and she drank cannabis tea."

He admitted she was "liable to go to prison for seven years" for the act, and added: "I probably would have been accompanying her.

Paul_Flynn_-_AFP.jpg

News Moderator: Ron Strider 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Labour MP says protesters should smoke cannabis in Parliament to shock officials into making it legal
Author: Hugo Gye
Photo Credit: AFP

Back
Top Bottom