Uncle John's Back-Yard Boogie Medicinal-Breeding Project Journal

Ferrous Keg

420 Member
Strain/s: Uncle John's Back-Yard Boogie & Offspring
Genetic Makeup: 1 Indica leaning sibling, 1 Sativa leaning Auto-flower sibling
Pot/Bucket Size: 1-Gal
Tent Size: 2ftx4ft 80in
Grow Space: 2ft x 4ft/ truck toolbox with lids removed.
How Many Plants: 2
Environment: Indoor/outdoor
Stage: Vegative
Medium: Regenerating Living Soil (it only gets better from here :D)
Lights: 35-Watt Blourple-LED
Nutrients: Clover Cover Crop/Clover Waste, Worm Castings, Living Soil.
Room/Tent Temperature: 65 degrees at best - 55 degrees at night, its cold here.
Relative Humidity: 70%
Media/Res PH; Tap Water
Pests: None.
Watering: misted and cared for to the best of my ability, daily spray-watering/misting, mostly for the worms.

my soil has only two requirements. !. staying wet to keep my worms hydrated, happy and hidden(cover crop helps) and 2. mulching cover crops. I love Clovers :) just don't spray your lawn for 5 years and resow it but letting it grow long to seed then mulch to sow, cover dead spots with the extra cuttings for free seed of your similar native grass. i run my lawn as a cover crop it works great. only thing i gotta worry about is neighbors so i only use a small patch i keep safe. I'm working on testing the result of last years seed crop(looks tasty huh?) and testing Indoor living soil and using live cover crops indoors. either way since potting, my soil has re-glued together nicely its very healthy i just battle my heat for humidity. this is my first attempt at indoor overwinter veg in low temps. mostly 55-66 degrees, the temp of my house, I don't have the equipment to flower indoors yet. i haven't ever ph'd my water, i just use the same spring/tap water i would drink myself nothing goes in that i wouldn't put in my mouth. i keep a basically closed system indoor that's still living. i'm just putting the pieces together on regenerative gardening. the man himself who is responsible for preserving this time-capsule thinks of this strain as nothing special, taught me one important phrase "if it's green let it grow" and he couldn't have been more right, work with nature not against it, grow grow grow not nuke spray kill. this is essentially high-vibrational gardening vs. conventional low-vibrational gardening I've found. its cheaper, its a fraction of the work, requires fewer inputs(inlcuding water, with healthy soil), Eliminating the need for fertilizer and additives. ive observed regenerative agriculture work and do wonders without animals, although they do speed up the process are not necessary with good composting and healthy soil. the soil under that toolbox is gold compared to sand around it its like a black square with sand around it under there whe i moved it to clear my cats grass i grow for her off the drippings.

is there anything i can really do more? im trying for an over-winter veg early harvest and second full-season crop this coming season.
i would love suggestions for improvements, i run everything i do based on the ideology that "cheap is good free is better" so i try to be as frugal as possible and grow healthy things i would be able to lick/ingest at any part input or moment.

Can anyone identify Exactly what affectionately known as Uncle johns Back-Yard Boogie by the father in the picture in veg? if anyone can help get back to me id love to know what this is, we have two guesses but would love input.

thanks,
Keg

20230706_112035.jpg

20230817_072926.jpg

20230817_072956.jpg

20230918_151910.jpg

20231129_064944.jpg

20231129_065122.jpg

20231219_114341.jpg

20231219_114359.jpg

Back
Top Bottom